Aftermarket F/R rotors, pads, hardware, and sensors now! - Page 3 - Club Touareg Forums

post #21 of 518 Old 01-05-2007
Touareg Addict

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Hey all, had a nice chat with Geoff the other day, and ordered up the goodies to do my brakes. Should be here next week, and I'll probably put them on when I get back in town the following week. I'll be sure to let everyone know the info when it's all done.

Also, for those who have done the rear brakes, how much of a PITA was it? I'm going to do the Bentley Online manual when the time comes, but just was wondering if people have any advance insight into the rear setup.

Matt

Gone, but never forgotten: 2005 V6, Shadow Blue/Kristal Grey, Package 1 (Xenons/Sound 1)

Bye bye Blue...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 518 Old 01-05-2007
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
You went through your brakes already and your Treg is newer then mine!! Remind me not to let you drive my Treg.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
post #23 of 518 Old 01-05-2007
Touareg Addict

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I think I've got a brake on the right rear that is sticking a bit. The pads on the right are definately worn more than the left rears are, and I'm hearing a bit of a squeal every now and then. Sounds like a pad somehow got out of position or something, and wore wierd. I'll know more once I tear it apart.

I'll just drive yours offroad in the mountains, should be safer there

Matt

Gone, but never forgotten: 2005 V6, Shadow Blue/Kristal Grey, Package 1 (Xenons/Sound 1)

Bye bye Blue...

|
|

post #24 of 518 Old 01-25-2007

Is there a thread that reveals how to replace the brake pads, sensors and rotors?

David Farr

post #25 of 518 Old 02-14-2007

Touareg: 2004 V6
Hi at all,

I bought a Front/Rear Set for my 04 Treg. I got them Installed 2 weeks ago at a Local Repair Service because VW did not like that Idea I bring the Parts and they Install them.

All together i saved a bunch of Dollars. And i need to say i almost got about 800 Miles on them and I love them. I even think the Brake ability is better then the Stock Rotors/Pads.

As far as Brake dust, I think its less, but let me drive a few more Miles and we will see.

All together QPower1 knows what hes talking about a very Friendly and Nice Person.

Thanks to make those Brakes available here.

Michael
post #26 of 518 Old 02-14-2007
Touareg Enthusiast

thanks for the review.. i know who to call when i need new brakes

07 VW Touareg V6
05 Audi A4 1.8T
00 Audi A4 1.8T
99 Subaru Legacy GT
91 Celica GT
85 MR2
post #27 of 518 Old 02-14-2007

i ordered mine and received them in 2 days flat. Geoff was a great and very informative person to chat with and answered everyone on my questions to the t. i can't wait to install these brake pads and put them to work. i will be doing the job myself. several shops int he area don't like the idea of me bringing my own parts.

i heard from several sources that the job is not to bad. so i will give it a go.

i will be doing the whole rig front rotors and pads and rear rotors and pads.

i saved over $900 easily going through Geoff.

when i had m front brakes done by the dealer it cost me $800+ and the rears cost $900+ that was parts and labor

i got the whole set front and back for $500 shipped. that is just incredible
i will end up paying $20/hour to rent a bay and install them.

i strongly recommend you get your brakes through him, he is one of us, knows what he is talking about, and the price is jaw dropping.

~Rick \/
post #28 of 518 Old 03-08-2007

DIY Pads and Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmagic
Is there a thread that reveals how to replace the brake pads, sensors and rotors?
I too am interested in the step-by-step instructions on replacing the pads, sensors, and rotors. Please let me know of a good source of information for this type of service.

Thanks.
post #29 of 518 Old 03-09-2007

Geoff is a great seller with a quality product and super fast shipping.

I would highly reccomend his products/services to anyone looking for brake parts.

Clint

'05 V8 Black/Teak PKG4
Custom Exhaust | Custom Intakes |
20'' OZ Palladio | Badgeless grille
VAGed Low and Bright and Quite
post #30 of 518 Old 03-15-2007

brakes

so... $480 for rotors and pads front and rear? My 'reg has 31K on the clock and I think I need a brake job...

Also, I just had new TSW wheels put on and they look great BUT rust on the hub, previously hidden by the big 19' atheos wheels, is now showing through! Bad! Some folks here had some suggestions about how to get the rust off but, the rotors and calipers are still dull looking!

Q. will the new rotors become dull and discolored like the stockers?
Q. How about those powder coated rotors?
Q. how do you feel about a local mechanic shop doing the installation?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep the "Touareg Wave" alive!

Tags
brake pads , brakes , pagid , pagid pads , rotors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode