10% discount For all clubtouareg members - Page 4 - Club Touareg Forums

post #31 of 38 Old 08-22-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Bypass factory amplifier

Because factory digital amplifier can only accept digital audio signal from original CD based on navi head unit via CANBUS, but our unit output line-out audio signal which can not be accepted by the original amplifier.
If you do not bypass the factory amplifier, there will be no audio after install our unit.(the same as Dynavin unit or OEM RNS510)
This unit is the Android OS unit for Touareg:
Android OS Based Car DVD GPS Radio for VW Touareg RoadNav I042
What's the difference between our unit and Dynavin?
Dynavin is half Wince OS and half Android OS, the radio/DVD/SD/USB/iPod/Bluetooth are based on WinCE OS. Navigation is based on Android OS. The cpu is 600MHZ/800MHZ.
Our unit is full Android OS system. Radio/DVD/SD/USB/ipod/Bluetooth/Navigation are all based on Android OS. cpu is 1ghz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant999 View Post
Why does the stock amplifier needs to be bypassed? Any android units for the Touareg (2005)? How is this different from Dynavin's D99 , pros n cons?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 08-22-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V10 TDI
Thanks for the feedback Allen...I'll be making a choice real soon...
post #33 of 38 Old 10-05-2016

Touareg: 2009 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Hi Allen, I'm moving overseas and taking my 09 Treg with me. How can I get South American maps for the navigation system? The S150 I bought was shipped to the US.

Thanks!

post #34 of 38 Old 10-05-2016 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Which country? I need to check. We only have some South American countries maps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marulo View Post
Hi Allen, I'm moving overseas and taking my 09 Treg with me. How can I get South American maps for the navigation system? The S150 I bought was shipped to the US.

Thanks!

post #35 of 38 Old 10-05-2016

Argentina, but would also like to have Chile, Uruguay and Brazil.
post #36 of 38 Old 10-05-2016 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Send an email to info@carnaviplayer.com to get the map download link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marulo View Post
Argentina, but would also like to have Chile, Uruguay and Brazil.

The Following User Says Thank You to Allen Wong For This Useful Post:
marulo (10-06-2016)
post #37 of 38 Old 10-08-2016

S150 installed successfully. But now car won't start....

All, I've been extremely happy with the S150 so far. Customer service is awesome (Allen W. has replied to all my emails or messages in this forum). The unit came with a crack in the plastic and a week after I received a replacement unit.
I installed the unit and everything worked fine. Today (after Treg was parked for 2 days) I decided to install the GPS antenna. I went back to the car and retrieved the head unit. Once I had the unit in my hands I decided to start the car and it was dead, no response at all. I had to use the paper clip trick to take the key out. Here's what I did
1) use remote key to unlock car and get in,
2) remove head unit (disconnect cables and dismount it)
3) put key in the ignition switch to start the Treg
4) Car's dead. Nothing happens, no lights, silence. Used clip for emergency release to get the key out.
5) Tried to lock car with remote key but nothing. Seats don't move either. It's as if there's no battery (which is possible if I did not turn off the unit), but I feel like the car entered some kind of emergency mode ("Anti-theft immobilizer"??)

How can I find out if it's a battery drain or anti-theft immobilizer? In any case, I just hope this is not a big issue and I can solve it without dishing $300 to the dealer. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
post #38 of 38 Old 10-08-2016 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

The most possible reason is that you connected the 2P connectors together and caused the radio never shut down even you remove the key from your car and drain the battery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode