Touareg: 2009 V6
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Washington, DC
Second Vehicle: Other
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
S150 installed successfully. But now car won't start....
All, I've been extremely happy with the S150 so far. Customer service is awesome (Allen W. has replied to all my emails or messages in this forum). The unit came with a crack in the plastic and a week after I received a replacement unit.
I installed the unit and everything worked fine. Today (after Treg was parked for 2 days) I decided to install the GPS antenna. I went back to the car and retrieved the head unit. Once I had the unit in my hands I decided to start the car and it was dead, no response at all. I had to use the paper clip trick to take the key out. Here's what I did
1) use remote key to unlock car and get in,
2) remove head unit (disconnect cables and dismount it)
3) put key in the ignition switch to start the Treg
4) Car's dead. Nothing happens, no lights, silence. Used clip for emergency release to get the key out.
5) Tried to lock car with remote key but nothing. Seats don't move either. It's as if there's no battery (which is possible if I did not turn off the unit), but I feel like the car entered some kind of emergency mode ("Anti-theft immobilizer"??)
How can I find out if it's a battery drain or anti-theft immobilizer? In any case, I just hope this is not a big issue and I can solve it without dishing $300 to the dealer. Any help is much appreciated.