10% discount For all clubtouareg members - Page 2 - Club Touareg Forums

post #11 of 38 Old 01-17-2013
Touareg Mechanic

Does the 6 Cd player in rear still work??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 Old 01-17-2013

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Wong View Post
Great!
If possible can you share us some photos after installation!
Sure - I just got a GoPro for Christmas, maybe I can get a good video out of it too

Hey - every time I turn on the GPS, it goes to GMT time - here in Alaska, we are GMT -9 - I set up the clock - it's good, turn the car off and on, it's good - turn on GPS.....and it's Jolly Old England time! ......
post #13 of 38 Old 01-17-2013

Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depiry View Post
Does the 6 Cd player in rear still work??
Nope...... but with an SD slot, you could put a 32 gig SD in there - waaaaaaaay more than 6 CD's of music.....so far tho', I just bluetooth my Samsung phone to the system, and use THAT 32Gig card (ok,I've only got like 25-30 albums in my phone, not 32 gig's worth) ........

Anyone want a stock head unit and a rear 6 CD changer? Works fine!

post #14 of 38 Old 01-21-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Second Vehicle: Still looking
First. Enter Settings/Time, choose the right time zone for your local area.(GMT-9:00)/OK
Second. Enter navigation software, Menu/Settings/Regional/Time and Time Zone Settings/Set Time Zone/GMT-09:00 Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepmud View Post
Sure - I just got a GoPro for Christmas, maybe I can get a good video out of it too

Hey - every time I turn on the GPS, it goes to GMT time - here in Alaska, we are GMT -9 - I set up the clock - it's good, turn the car off and on, it's good - turn on GPS.....and it's Jolly Old England time! ......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 38 Old 01-21-2013

Touareg: 2004 V8
Hello everyone, just installed mine this week ( 2 units, one on my reg and one on my fathers reg, both 2004 V8, one with air suspension and on with out, both do not have stock NAV).. Everything seems to be working fine. i will write up a full review in about a week, once i really test everything out.

What i can say for now is:

shipping was EXTREMELY fast, 4 days from china to Canada. Very happy with that. one thing though, which i havnt gotten the chance to communicate with them yet about is, the plastic on the wiring harness was cracked on one and a piece was broken off on the other one, nothing major. I was still able to use them and they fit fine. One remote is all cracked broken which i'm sure they will be happy to help me out with finding a solution for. Things like this happen, so my advice for them is maybe when packing the accessories, just make sure their placed nicely so they dont break. Over all I'm super happy with the shipping, cant complain at all.

The unit really is plug and play but I would of liked a wiring diagram. I say this because to connect the trucks connecter to the connecter of the unit is no problem, but there is other lose wires which are part of the units harness that im note really sure what their purpose is, so I just left them there for now. it is impossible to connect the RCA wires to the aux because this is not enough space (the unit doesnt go in, it's missing about 1/2" or 15mm. The only way that it can be done is if a 90 degree is used or a smaller adapter ( but i honestly don't know what the RCA wires do, connected or not connected I cant tell a difference. If anyone knows what they do, let me know please )

To install the frist unit ( because i bought 2 one for each reg) it took me about 2.5 hours because it took me a while to find a nice place to pass the GPS antenna up on to the dashboard with out making any holes anywhere. (when i write the next review, will post pics on how i did it). The iPhone wire i didn't pass yet, it will get done once i install the back up camera. It took me awhile to place all the wires so that the unit fit in perfect. The second unit took me 45 minutes to install and that's because i had a hard time placing the wire behind the unit again, or else it would of took about 25 minutes.

The unit look's AMAZING. It look totally original, if the person doesn't know about the touareg, they'll think it original.

The communication was great, email response very quick.

oh and i forgot to mention, even in -22 degree Celsius weather, its working fine.

Thats it for now, i will keep you guys posted on the functionality of i the units.

Nicholas
post #16 of 38 Old 01-22-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Glad to hear you've installed the unit by yourself. No need additional installation costing. Great!
We will contact our delivery company to check which process has damaged the parcel.
Please email us which parts were broken during the transportation, we will ship you new parts.
The wiring scheme was printed on the shell of the unit. The RCA jacks are for AUX-IN, AUX-OUT, Backup camera etc. If you did not order any other accessories(such as backup camera, parking radar, Digital TV and TPMS), then you can leave them free.
Very appreciative if you can share pics with us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_salvatore View Post
Hello everyone, just installed mine this week ( 2 units, one on my reg and one on my fathers reg, both 2004 V8, one with air suspension and on with out, both do not have stock NAV).. Everything seems to be working fine. i will write up a full review in about a week, once i really test everything out.......

post #17 of 38 Old 01-31-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Dear everyone, we will stop shipping during our CNY holiday Feb 4- Feb 17!
But you can still place the order, we will ship the order once we resume work on Feb 17.

post #18 of 38 Old 02-03-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Another ten units have been shipped.
We stop shipping during our CNY holiday Feb4- Feb17.
But you can still place the order.

post #19 of 38 Old 02-12-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Send a message via Yahoo to OTSB708 Send a message via Skype™ to OTSB708
Anyone that replaced stock nav have a DIY for this?!
post #20 of 38 Old 02-18-2013 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSB708 View Post
Anyone that replaced stock nav have a DIY for this?!
NO, still not.
But we have another unit may work with Touareg with factory NAV system.(Some one has installed it successfully)
We are testing now, and the information will update soon.
Please take heed of our company's Web site and this thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode