Hello............. - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 02-17-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2014 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: 2014 V6 FSI
Hello.............

Hello from a newbie.

Thank you admin for allowing me to join this club. My Touareg is the 3.6 V6 FSI which I bought in 2014. I hope to get many advises from experts here particularly on maintenance of the car as it ages forward.

To begin with, I noticed members identified their model with a letter and number such as "T1". I was wondering what would be mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-17-2017
Touareg Guru

T3 for this forum but Generation 2 as far as VW is concerned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Touareg
post #3 of 4 Old 02-17-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: VW Bus
Welcome, Kamrul! I believe this is correct: T1/Type 1 was the first generation of Touaregs, which were produced between 2003-2007. The T2/Type 2 models are 2008-2010. The T3/Type 3 models are 2011-2014 and T4/Type 4 are 2015-current. If any of this information is incorrect, please correct me, long time Touareg people.

Being raised in the air cooled generation, the Touareg (and other newer VW models') "type" designations really confused me at first, as when somebody references a Type 1, I think first of a Beetle or Karmann Ghia. A Type 2 is any Bus model and a Type 3 is a Squareback, Fastback or Notchback. Also, the Type 4's were the 411 and 412 models.

"Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." ~Cree Prophecy

post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2017
Touareg Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Native View Post
Welcome, Kamrul! I believe this is correct: T1/Type 1 was the first generation of Touaregs, which were produced between 2003-2007. The T2/Type 2 models are 2008-2010. The T3/Type 3 models are 2011-2014 and T4/Type 4 are 2015-current. If any of this information is incorrect, please correct me, long time Touareg people.
As requested herewith the correction.

The T1 and the T1 facelift, the T2, are Generation 1 as far as VW is now concerned, and the T3 and the T3 facelift, the T4, are Generation 2.

The T5, Generation 3, is due to launch this autumn.

Neither VW nor the forums have used the word Type in respect of the Touareg which is what the T stands for in T1, T2, T3, T4.

For a short period of time after the T1 facelift was launched VW advertised the T2 as Touareg 2. That nomenclature was dropped by VW marketing after about a year if I recall aright.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode