it had a dead battery and broken flex pipes and open to short N112 valve
I also think it had bad gas

I put a new battery in
changed Cats/flex pipes
found a cold joint under the carpet that fixed the N112 short
put a can of seafoam, gas line anti freeze and filled with 91 octane gas
I put new coils and plugs

I do still get misfires on idle occasional
not enough to trip the ECM but I can see it when measuring block 14 on my vagcom 311

Now I need to certify and emission test and put it on the road

BUT my readiness is still 0000 1101

Secondary air pump, evaporative emission and, cat converters
are still failed/incomplete

anyone know how to "force readiness on a car that I dont drive or has no plates

See less See more
#2 ·
91 RON ??? My understanding is that our vehicles are meant to run 98 RON or 95 RON if you have to and the electrical management systems will retard accordingly. There should be a sticker also on the inside of the gas filler flap i think from memory. I only fill my tank once a week (cant trust the wife she might try and fill with diesel) you'd think i should remember this stuff.

Definitely not 91 though that kind of petrol went out with cars build in the 90's and should go the same path as leaded IMHO .... although i still see them using that along with 87, 85 and 82 in some parts of Eastern Europe. Mainly Lada's use it

#4 ·
ok should be good although i did think GTA was a game ... or maybe i made that up

#5 ·
In North America, 87 AKI is also known in ‘layman’s’ terms as “Regular”. The AKI or Anti-Knock Index is an average of the Research Octane Number (RON) and the Motor Octane Number. In North America, fuel is rated with a scale called the AKI or Anti Knock Index. That translates to:

87= “Regular”
89= “Midgrade”
91= “Premium”
94= “Performance” OR “Ultra”

In Europe, a different system of measurement is used called RON or Research Octane Number. The confusion comes because the numbers are very close to the AKI index. For example:

92 RON = 87 AKI
95 RON = 89 AKI
98 RON = 91 AKI

#6 ·
I bought a used v6 for the wife
it had a dead battery and broken flex pipes and open to short N112 valve
I also think it had bad gas
My wife accuses me of broken flex pipes and bad gas. Also cold joints at times. I'm think it seriously affects her readiness, and well, I've found it is difficult to force readiness. It can cause one to misfire on one's evaporative emissions, if you catch my drift.

She did like it when we painted the bedroom sea foam, though.

#7 ·
:clapclap::D

#8 ·
94 AKI .... im guessing that is 100 RON . Shell sold that here a couple of years ago for about a year or two. Then it just disappeared ..... cant figure that one out. Surely if there were a better fuel people would be using it. ... No wait ... forgot most of them are scared of paying a few cents more a litre for fuel. But on the hand have no problem paying $2 - $3 for 600 ml of bottle water. ...... Bottled water !!! what is wrong with people its more or less free from the tap in your own home. I've had the same aluminium Sigg water bottle for over twenty years and it still does what it is suppose.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.