Touareg: Still looking
Join Date: Jan 2004
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
2004-2005 Touareg with 09D Transmission, Design Change
June 6, 2008 – REMOVED due to information no longer applies
All Vehicles, Expired Flash Disks
June 6, 2008 – UPDATE
If, while trying to perform a Flash update, you get a display showing that the Flash disk is out of date or has expired:
- Insert that Flash disk into a computer (with CD burning capability).
- Open the disk. There are usually 2 stored files: “Data” and “Label”.
- Open the file named “Label” using the “Notepad” program.
- Change the 4-digit year in the “Label” file to a date in the future, e.g. 2025.
- Save these changes and close the “Label” file.
- Copy both the modified “Label” file and the unmodified “Data” file onto a new one time use CD.
Do not use CDRW (erasable) discs.
All Models - Fault Code Index Numbers During Diagnosis
In some cases the index code number listed after the fault code may aid in the diagnosis path. Below is a list of current index numbers and the meaning of each:
Upper Limit exceeded
Lower Limit exceeded
no or wrong basic settings/adaptation
short to B+ (loss of ground)
Short to Ground
open/short to ground
open/short to B+
electrical fault in circuit
check fault memory
Cannot be checked at the moment
Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.