T3 Transmission flush idea, with wonderful drawings. - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums
 2Likes

post #61 of 131 Old 08-28-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordschleife View Post
Good find, Bob. Any idea what the Ravenol goes for, per liter? The cheapest OEM ATF I could find for this trans was 19.24 at vwpartscenter. If the spec on the oils is equivalent, I wonder if Toyota's ATF would be the cheapest option? But I understand where almstsobur is coming from. Piece of mind is worth something.
Also, when do you guys plan on dropping the pan and changing the filter? 100k?
Yeah, I plan to do the flush method at 100k, then the filter and magnets at the same time. I figure every 2 flushes drop the pan and do the magnets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 131 Old 09-18-2014

Touareg: 2006 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
They say it is sealed for life to make sure that customer end up going in for an $8,000 transmission job or a new car. What would stearlership not do for an extra charge?
Owners, be vigilant.

konquistador
post #63 of 131 Old 09-18-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
I know we have been talking about ATF equivalents for the Aisin 8 speed on here. I found this to be compliant with G 055 540 A2.
BG Universal ATF, part 312. If you search it, you'll find the application chart.
Retails for 13 bucks a quart on Ebay.

2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI

post #64 of 131 Old 09-18-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

For anybody following along, the product data sheet for HAVOLINEŽ SYNTHETIC ATF MULTI-VEHICLE DEXRONŽ-VI shows g 055 540 a2 compatibility as well. This can be found for 5 dollars a quart or less if you buy in bulk. I would post the PDF but not sure how to on this site. You can google the product sheet.

2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI
post #65 of 131 Old 10-30-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Almstsobur, when you say to add 1/4 Liter over (which is a great idea BTW), how exactly do you do that? Once the fluid starts running clean, how do you get 1/4 L extra into the trans?
Also, once you overfill by 1/4 L, I assume you take it for a test drive to bleed the circuit, let the vehicle cool, then raise it up level, pull the plug and let the excess drain from the overfill tube? Once it stop dripping, you're at the correct level, yes?

2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI
post #66 of 131 Old 11-03-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordschleife View Post
Almstsobur, when you say to add 1/4 Liter over (which is a great idea BTW), how exactly do you do that? Once the fluid starts running clean, how do you get 1/4 L extra into the trans?
Also, once you overfill by 1/4 L, I assume you take it for a test drive to bleed the circuit, let the vehicle cool, then raise it up level, pull the plug and let the excess drain from the overfill tube? Once it stop dripping, you're at the correct level, yes?
It will slowly flow by gravity from the bucket into the cooler and tranny without the vehicle running. That is correct on the level checking. You want the fluid below 45C and ideally at 35C
post #67 of 131 Old 11-03-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Thanks, almstsobur.

2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI
post #68 of 131 Old 11-09-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

What is the simplest way to check ATF temperature? I have a VAG cable but wonder if that's really necessary.

2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI
post #69 of 131 Old 11-16-2014

Touareg: 2005 V6
Second Vehicle: 2005 V6
Any reason this procedure wouldn't work on an '05 VR6 Tiptronic 6spd auto transmission? I've started to collect the parts and tools. Wanted some advise before I attempt this. Also curious about heating the new fluid on the way in. I don't want to over fill the tranny.
post #70 of 131 Old 11-16-2014

Touareg: 2006 V6
You can't overfill trans. Ehen you get there. Ill start dripping off constantly. The best way to keep track is measure what you draine. This way you will know when you are almost there when tou fill it. I have 06 v6. Haven't done it yet but that's what I learn from here. You might want to wait till the pros chime in because I don't want to create you more stress. Unless I complete it successfully myself, I will still be as doubtful and cautious as you. I
Tool wise, I almost got everything, just missing the fluids. Also, I am not quite sure abt the right tool to open both drain and fill plug. Feel free to enlighten me if you already have that figured out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode