Can you describe some more how you made your VAG6262 and where one can get the parts? Also, how did you make that spout for the upper bucket?
The VAG is an interesting story. All of the documentation I had said a VAG6262 was the fill tool, so I looked it up and it was supposed to be a 24M x 1.5. A pretty standard thread in hydraulics. So I called a local hydraulic shop and asked them to fit a crimp end for a 1/2" ID hose on a 24M x 1.5. I swung down on my lunch break and gave them $20 or so for it. Now, because you have to have the plastic under-body panel down to see the tranny holes I just assumed everything was good. To my surprise when I pulled the under-belly pan down I could clearly see that a 24m x 1.5 was too big for my 1 fill hole. The documentation I had showed 2 drain/fill holes, one bigger to fit the VAG and one smaller for the level tube. I only had 1, the level tube.
So, check your tranny pan before you buy or make a VAG tool, it might not be the right one, I have since double checked what I read and I made the correct tool, but the documentation of both Alldata and a 2011 service manual do not match what I see.
Given this situation I had to improvise one the fly ... since I knew none of this until I dropped the under-belly pan. But, I thought to myself "Self, the level check procedure basically drains any extra tranny fluid to the proper level, so just make sure you don't come up short and need to add any" Self did a good job and added about an extra 1/4 L over what I took out, to make sure I was on the high-side of full because I didn't have the right tool to top it off.
Thus when I did the level check procedure About 1/8-1/4 L drained out and everything worked out perfectly. So basically... You don't need the VAG tool at all for this method if you add a little extra fluid.
The spout for the bucket was just a piece I had laying around. I think it came off of like a $2 Walmart oil bottle spicket or funnel. Basically anything that will snugly fit a 1/2" ID hose that you can seal in place will work. I just drilled a hole in the bucket the night before .. thoroughly cleaned out the plastic shavings and threw a bead of superglue around a tight fit of the spout on the inside and out. It never leaked a drip. Just drill small and force a tight fit to get it in.