T3 Transmission flush idea, with wonderful drawings. - Page 13 - Club Touareg Forums
 2Likes

post #121 of 131 Old 11-09-2016

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I am currently doing the flush to my 2012 T3 with 80k miles but I decided to drop the pan and replace the filter. My question is after I fill the pan with fluid and complete the flush does the vehicle need to be running to check fluid level? I know with any other auto transmission with a dip stick it needs to be running in order to check but I just want to make sure I need this think running to check it. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 11-09-2016

I am currently doing the flush to my 2012 T3 with 80k miles but I decided to drop the pan and replace the filter. My question is after I fill the pan with fluid and complete the flush does the vehicle need to be running to check fluid level? I know with any other auto transmission with a dip stick it needs to be running in order to check but I just want to make sure I need this thing running to check it. Thanks!!
post #123 of 131 Old 01-13-2017

Touareg: Still looking
Anyone unhappy with the results using the Havoline Dexron VI?

I would like to flush an 8 Speed Aisin 0C8 with original fluid at 115k and getting VW fluid to my location is prohibitively expensive.

'13 Q7 TDI

post #124 of 131 Old 01-14-2017

So here is my experience. I was originally going to use the Havoline ATF for my 2012 since a read a couple other people had used it. I had the stuff on order but I actually called the Aisin Transmission manufacture to see if they would recommend using the Havoline and they told me they would not recommend it as its a generic fluid and its not specifically for the Aisin transmission. They recommend I use this stuff ( RAVENOL J1D2122 ATF T-WS Lifetime Fluid Full Synthetic for 6 and 8-Speed Aisin Automatic Transmissions ) Its about $16 from amazon and so far I have been very happy with the results. Its not as cheap but I have a better feeling knowing this is actually made for the Aisin transmission. Hope this helps. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzler View Post

I would like to flush an 8 Speed Aisin 0C8 with original fluid at 115k and getting VW fluid to my location is prohibitively expensive.
post #125 of 131 Old 01-14-2017

Thanks, that is very helpful. How long have you been running the RAVENOL? Was your trans functioning normally before? Impressions after the flush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1945gpw View Post
So here is my experience. I was originally going to use the Havoline ATF for my 2012 since a read a couple other people had used it. I had the stuff on order but I actually called the Aisin Transmission manufacture to see if they would recommend using the Havoline and they told me they would not recommend it as its a generic fluid and its not specifically for the Aisin transmission. They recommend I use this stuff ( RAVENOL J1D2122 ATF T-WS Lifetime Fluid Full Synthetic for 6 and 8-Speed Aisin Automatic Transmissions ) Its about $16 from amazon and so far I have been very happy with the results. Its not as cheap but I have a better feeling knowing this is actually made for the Aisin transmission. Hope this helps. Good luck

'13 Q7 TDI
post #126 of 131 Old 01-14-2017

The Touareg has 85,000 miles on it and I've had the Ravenol in there for around 3,000 miles. The transmission was shifting normally before the flush and its still shifting normally afterwards. I cant say I notice any difference after the flush. The old fluid was a dark color but the filter and magnets where perfectly clean. Even though I don't feel a difference in shifting I think its a good idea to do the flush if you plan on keeping it for a while.

Quote:
Thanks, that is very helpful. How long have you been running the RAVENOL? Was your trans functioning normally before? Impressions after the flush?
post #127 of 131 Old 01-14-2017

Mine is a newly accquired '13 with 115k, no towing, CA freeway flying miles. No issues, but I think it's certainly ready for a flush. A case of RAVENOL @ ~$160 seems like the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1945gpw View Post
The Touareg has 85,000 miles on it and I've had the Ravenol in there for around 3,000 miles. The transmission was shifting normally before the flush and its still shifting normally afterwards. I cant say I notice any difference after the flush. The old fluid was a dark color but the filter and magnets where perfectly clean. Even though I don't feel a difference in shifting I think its a good idea to do the flush if you plan on keeping it for a while.

'13 Q7 TDI
post #128 of 131 Old 01-14-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:

Perfectly happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #129 of 131 Old 01-14-2017

Same questions, functioning properly before the flush? How many miles on it since?

[QUOTE=182RG;1698506]Perfectly happy

'13 Q7 TDI
post #130 of 131 Old 01-16-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
[quote=Dzler;1698538]Same questions, functioning properly before the flush? How many miles on it since?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 182RG View Post
Perfectly happy

Exchanged at 55K. 6K miles since. Functioning properly before and after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode