Club Touareg Forum banner

Towball height

7K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Colin G 
#1 ·
Hi there.

Could anyone please tell me the height from the ground to the top of the towball of the standard Touareg towbar. On level ground of course.

Regards
Bluey

#3 ·
On my 2010 steel suspension model with VW factory fitted towbar and the receiver in the downward configuration I have 430mm to centre of tow ball.

You would probably get more precise help if you could provide model and configuration details, a good idea is to updated your profile to include your car details.

#11 ·
@ Bluey42

A couple of pointers...

The Treg is designed NOT to use load leveller bars (eg. Hayman Reece, etc.). So, if you've been using them, sell them. The Treg has an auto air suspension that takes up the weight. I love this. Also, I have a 4Xmotion so when I reverse my van onto site, I dial up the raise car knob. Then I drop the jockey wheel into position and with engine still on I drop the car rear height down. No more winding jockey wheel to lift off.

I also changed my van recently and I just bought a new Hayman Reece tongue to suit the different A-Bar height. I prefer these to the Haymen Reece adjustable inserts. The latter are heavy, expensive and (IMHO) absolutely unnecessary.

Go look at:

Interlock Trailer Ball Mounts - Interlock Trailer Ball Mounts - hayman reese

Cheers

#12 ·
@ Bluey42

A couple of pointers...

The Treg is designed NOT to use load leveller bars (eg. Hayman Reece, etc.). So, if you've been using them, sell them. The Treg has an auto air suspension that takes up the weight. I love this. Also, I have a 4Xmotion so when I reverse my van onto site, I dial up the raise car knob. Then I drop the jockey wheel into position and with engine still on I drop the car rear height down. No more winding jockey wheel to lift off.

I also changed my van recently and I just bought a new Hayman Reece tongue to suit the different A-Bar height. I prefer these to the Haymen Reece adjustable inserts. The latter are heavy, expensive and (IMHO) absolutely unnecessary.

Go look at:

Interlock Trailer Ball Mounts - Interlock Trailer Ball Mounts - hayman reese

Cheers
Air suspension is not an option on the 150 TDI or 150 TDI Element so not sure where that leaves the load leveller bars..
my wife has one of these.
one money sucking air suspension system in the garage is enough..:wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.