22Likes

post #1 of 121 Old 10-03-2016 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Garage
Send a message via MSN to Steve_L Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_L
2017 Muster Planning

Guys,

Just letting you know, we're (wife and I) are seriously planning a (up to) 2 month tour of the Eastern States in the last quarter of next year.

I've been given the green light for extended leave when ever I want. My wife has considerable leave accrual owing to her, so we're going to take the opportunity to have a break, before we make the final push (of our working life) towards retirement.

I'm a stickler for planning etc, so just want to let you know, if you're planning a Muster around September/October 2017, count us in (and probably a ring-in - my mate and his wife with their LC200 + Caravan).
Creative Native likes this.

2007 Touareg MY08 V6 TDI - Atacama Grey (Beige Trim) Tow Pack, RNS510, 9WZ, Tint, V10 Exhaust Tips, Bilstein Sports Shocks, King Springs

2008 Golf MKV R32 (Deep Blue) 5dr, DSG, RNS, Sunroof, Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Drilled/Slotted Rotor, Neuspeed F/R Swaybars, Unibrace, W.A.L.K., Tyrol-sport Chassis bolts, 9W2, Polar FIS+

2010 Polo 6R (Flash Red), 77TSI, 5Dr, DSG, Sportspack, MDI, RCD510, GTI grill, 9W7

2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (waaaay too many mods to list here) - The Mile Muncher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 Old 10-03-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
A friend of mine used to make these road trip / vacations with his teenage daughter. They would plot a course and put it up on the New Beetle page and invite people to come drive a leg of the trip with him. He had a starting and stopping place for each day that he posted on a website and people would meet up with him in the morning, drive a half or full day on the route, then they'd have a get-together at the end at some interesting place. Then at some cities he'd spend a day or two and the locals would show him around.

You could do something like that and we'd all sign up to drive a leg!

David W. Allen, GISP

2004 Touareg V10 TDI
1998 New Beetle TDI
1974 Thing
post #3 of 121 Old 10-04-2016

Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Steve,

Thanks for kicking the 2017 page off. Look forward to having you at the next. Sept. Oct period seems to work for most. If you have any location/s you would like to suggest please do so.

I would like to promote somewhere "central" where it works for everybody, or at least is not totally prohibitive distance wise.

Kind Regards

Stu..
Steve_L likes this.

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries

post #4 of 121 Old 10-04-2016 Thread Starter

Second Vehicle: too many to list
Garage
Send a message via MSN to Steve_L Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_L
Initial plans (for us) are to meet our friends at (probably) Mildura. They live in Winchelsea.

I'm keen to put some time in at Canberra - War Memorial etc. Apart from that....it's a clean slate.

I'm riding to Jindabyne and Kangaroo Valley in March next year....returning via Sale, Murray Bridge, Ceduna, Norseman then home (a 4 night stop return trip home...piece o' piss). Looking fwd to riding the Snowy's.....except...Alpine Way is closed between Khancoban and Tom Groggin - road has been washed away during recent rain in the past week or so. That's upset the planning a tad.

2007 Touareg MY08 V6 TDI - Atacama Grey (Beige Trim) Tow Pack, RNS510, 9WZ, Tint, V10 Exhaust Tips, Bilstein Sports Shocks, King Springs

2008 Golf MKV R32 (Deep Blue) 5dr, DSG, RNS, Sunroof, Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Drilled/Slotted Rotor, Neuspeed F/R Swaybars, Unibrace, W.A.L.K., Tyrol-sport Chassis bolts, 9W2, Polar FIS+

2010 Polo 6R (Flash Red), 77TSI, 5Dr, DSG, Sportspack, MDI, RCD510, GTI grill, 9W7

2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (waaaay too many mods to list here) - The Mile Muncher
post #5 of 121 Old 10-04-2016

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Morning all. As a first timer at the muster, I had a ball. My mate, Bob with the Volksero / Mitsiwagen etc enjoyed it as well and now views Tregs as a viable tow car. Doesn't take much to convince people. I know there was some suggestion of trying to move further west to make it a bit easier for our members in South Oz. Perhaps we could look at a location in the Murray Valley or Barossa Valley. Time of year is not an issue for me, can even be a bit later than the October Long Weekend. We could even have a 'Denni Treg Muster' after the ute muster.
post #6 of 121 Old 10-10-2016

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I know a bit about the Barossa area, would be great plenty to see and do, other than wine tasting. At Birdwood is the National Car Museum and boy can you get lost in there for a few hours. Can take day trip to Mannum and cruise the Murray River on a paddle steamer. Depends what type of site you want "free camping" or "Caravan Park" Mallala showgrounds great, about $5/night, hot showers and toilets. Also plenty of caravan parks in and around Tanunda. Anyhow food for thought.
Regards Rod.
post #7 of 121 Old 10-16-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
2017 Muster Planning

Just chucking another idea out there.
VW Touareg Mountain Park
http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au
Just west of the Sunshine Coast in QLD. Green grass, clean toilets, hot showers and a heap of 'graded' (as in easy tracks for Toyota's up to black level tracks for Tregs) 4wd tracks including creek crossings.
It's not particularly cheap and definitely not during school holidays. Just a thought.
SpaceSaver likes this.

post #8 of 121 Old 10-16-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Ohhhh and another thing. We have found so far that the official 'Treg Musters' we have been involved in [] have just been part of the trip. Sometimes the highlight is actually the bit before or after.
paulm57 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to GazzaK For This Useful Post:
Crowboy (10-18-2016)
post #9 of 121 Old 10-16-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaK View Post
Ohhhh and another thing. We have found so far that the official 'Treg Musters' we have been involved in [] have just been part of the trip. Sometimes the highlight is actually the bit before or after.
x2
We find that it is the catalyst to get us out and about.

Ewhen

2010 V6 TDI, RNS510, Reverse camera, Tow pack, Memory pack, 9W7 BT. Paddle Shifters, Silver Leaf - Anthricite
When's the last time you did something for the First time?
post #10 of 121 Old 10-17-2016

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
That sounds great, better start saving now for the fuel cost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode