Club Touareg Forum banner

Trailer Control Module sourcing

18K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  Perry01 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy the trailer control module on-line? The one that goes in the trunk passenger side by the CD changer?

I have a 2004 Touareg V6 if that matters.

7LO 9907 383 seems to be the part number, but with different letters, not sure if it matters for the year of the car.

Thanks!

#30 ·
I had the flat 4 pin and couldnt wait to get rid of it. The brake controller you get is your choice, i got 2 v10s and both are with the tekonsha p3. What i like on the p3 is its adjustability for the weights ur carrying and also the color customization which will surely match the treg's interior. You can only go with oem control module as its whats prewired in our trucks. Meaning there wont be any wires to pass cut or hide etc.

#31 ·
Excellent - in for a penny, in for a pound they say!

Must be my day, just got my Treg leaking sunroof fixed after 18 months from the dealer. I took them that long to finally figure out their is a secondary drain hose in the firewall that plugs and makes the roof leak... N/C which was nice... but that's another story.

#32 ·
Does anyone have the P/N for the harness between the module and the 7pin connector on the hitch?

I have the module already, I'm going to purchase the hitch and now all I need is that damn harness but I can't find the P/N (on ECS it's sold in conjunction w/ the module which I don't need)

I've been searching for over an hour....any help would be appreciated.

#33 ·
The part number for the wirign harness is 7L0-055-204-U

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.