post #65 of 70 Old 02-13-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Sweeeet

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
post #66 of 70 Old 02-13-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
You're perpetuating the (false) American stereotype that Germans are stuffy and always follow the rules! Stop it!! LOL!!!

2008 V8
No VCDS? Get it here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #67 of 70 Old 02-14-2017

Touareg: 2005 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJ Guy View Post
You're perpetuating the (false) American stereotype that Germans are stuffy and always follow the rules! Stop it!! LOL!!!
Hahahaha, will stop straight away
post #68 of 70 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Send a message via Skype™ to divemedic
Touareg snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanzie82 View Post
Hi guys,

I know that this is a very old thread, but I am going to try my luck in this thread.

My name is Christo and I am from the lovely cold and rainy north of Germany. I am the GM of a Natural stone company and my hobby is my Touareg. I had the vehicle for nearly 10 years now, and now I wand to start with serious modifications. About 2 months ago I wanted to buy an overland prepeared HDJ80, but I decided not to; why spend that much money on a vehicle when you can modify yours for less than half of that vehicle's asking price.

I am currently working on a snorkel solution for the Touareg - of course this happens in cooperation with VW where I live and a racing parts manufacturer, for everything has to fulfill the strict TÜV regulations as well as warranties in Germany.
Currently my vehicle is at my VW workshop and they are taking the measurements from the car for snorkel.

My vehicle has following specs.:
- R5 TDI
- Seikel lift kit
- VW Expedition undercarriage protection
- VW Expedition roof rack
- Scandinavian air intake (Luftansaugungsbox für kältere Länder) which adds approx. 15 cm wading depth
- Drawer system
- Air-Camp rooftent
- (currently being done) snorkel system
- (still to be done) VW Expedition rear wheel carrier (consists of carrier, bumper, door and a lot of electrics)
- (still to be done) Winch system
- (still to be done) Porsche Cayenne rock sliders

I know that the Touareg is not a classic overland vehicle, but it is defenitely one of the most underestimated ones. I love the look on the peoples faces when you are doing exactly the same tracks than the Mercedes G-Wagons, the Prado's and Defenders in the western Alps or even better, when recovering one of them from an obstacle which you just crossed before the one that got stuck in his typical 4x4.

So, enough about that...

Concerning the snorkel, I did quite a bit of convincing in Germany, and I told VW that there is a lot of potential for a snorkel system. In Germany I am an active member of the Touareg-Freunde which is a Touareg Forum just like this one.
The German market is very small, probably a potential of around 100 - 200 snorkel units, but as a South-African-German I know that there is a lot more than Germany out there.

The South-African and Australian offroad market is the biggest in the world, so I would like to expand this product to those markets.
Please note that I am not from VW, but this snorkel is being developed together with VW, a racing parts manufacturer working for VW rally and myself.

The price rangel be at around 1.000 - 1.400€ incl. tax.
- incl. snorkel "hose"
- incl. Air filter housing
- Air intake - we are not sure if it will be a standard or cyclone intake system.

At first we are focusing on are the R5 and V6 models (7LA and 7L6) - for they only need 1 snorkel. By the end of the year we will have a snorkel which anyone can fit, made from aluminum and an airfilter housing which is developed for the snorkel.
Hopefully by the end of the year, we will also have a solution for the V8 - W12 engines.

If anyone is interested in the snorkel system, then please send me a PM with your data. Please note that you will not receive any spam from me, nor will your data be sent to any 3rd party without your consent. Due to the positive feedback from our Touareg-Freunde in Germany, I am contacting other international Touareg communities.
I will upload a couple of pictures as soon as my snorkel is finished. I am sure that it will be a very interesting item.
Hopefully I will be able to show the finished item at the next Touareg-Freunde get2gether in Austria - it will be on the weekend from the 10 - 12.02.2017.

Kind regards,
Christo
Hi Christo

I am located in Australia. Your snorkel proposal is of great interest to me. I have a 2013 V6 4XMotion. Please keep me informed. I'll watch with interest. Please PM. Thanks for your good work!
post #69 of 70 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2005 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Thank you for your interested. Will surely keep you posted.
The snorkel blanks should arrive by the end of this week. Found a UK based company that can bend the aluminum pipes without causing the small freckles on the inside of the bend. As soon as they are back, the fun can - and will - start

2005 Touareg 2.5TDI
2012 Fiat 500c 1.4
2015 Fiat Freemont 2,0 TDI Lounge
post #70 of 70 Old 1 Day Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanzie82 View Post
Thank you for your interested. Will surely keep you posted.
The snorkel blanks should arrive by the end of this week. Found a UK based company that can bend the aluminum pipes without causing the small freckles on the inside of the bend. As soon as they are back, the fun can - and will - start

Any update to this post of 4 weeks ago?

TonyB

MY08 V6TDi, Campanella White, Enhancements: RNS 510 Nav + Bluetooth, Twin Batteries, Paddle Shifters, Steinbauer Power Module, Seikel Suspension, underbody alloy protection plates, 18" Road Tyres, 17" ATM Off-road Tyres, 3 X Full Size Spares, OEM Roof Bars, OEM Tow Pack, OEM LED load Module, Red Arc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller, Icom IC-440 UHF + Roof Mounted Antenna, Great White LED Light Bar, Brembo 6 Spot 17Z Front Brake Upgrade .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode