Club Touareg Forum banner

T3 jack point

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pjod 
#1 ·
Hi

Anyone know where the proper/safe jack point to the T3 is located?

The manual says the pinch til but given the weight of the vehicle I'm afraid to.

I've attached images of the front and rear underside of the vehicle.

Auto part Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Rust Vehicle

The front looks like there's a spot for jack pad

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Vehicle Automotive wheel system

The rear don't seem to have one.

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#4 ·
You really need to look at the tyres you are putting on and get this information, the wheels dont really affect the PSI except that the larger the wheels and the smaller the sidewall then the harsher the ride.

What is the load rating of the tyre?
What is the max tyre pressure for that tyre?
What load are you actually carrying on the tyre?

For example, lets say your tyres are rated at max PSI of 65, and the load rating is 1250kg (sorry I dont speak imperial)

You look for the load you are carrying on the Touareg (when loaded say with some gear and a couple of people) is at 2600kg (these figures are based on my 7L Touareg - the 7P will have different figures so have a look in the manual - and new tyres I have just put on)

To work out pressure you take the proportion of actual to max load, and apply that to the max PSI to give the starting point.

In the example I have given it would be 2600/4000 multiplied by 65
ie 65% (26/40) of 65psi which is 42 psi as your starting point. Of course going off road will be different, so apply as a guide for road use only

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.