Club Touareg Forum banner

T3 2013 Touareg TDI Off Road Wheel/Tire Setup

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  noobytoogy 
#1 ·
Looking to get my touareg on a more capable set of wheels and tires compared to my stock 20" Pikes Peaks. While they look fantastic and are perfectly fine for the road. I am looking to swap to a set of 17" Wheels and some All Terrain or Mud Tires. Trying to find an aftermarket set up that will work for the T3. Also curious if there are any lift options for the current Touareg.

#5 ·
I very much doubt you will find any Touareg off road kit at a VW dealer let alone a lift kit!!

#6 ·
If you want offroad tires, use 18 inch or maybe 17inch if they fit on a T3...
I have General Grabber AT tires 255/55R18. They are very good to me. Much traction, consumption good: 9.2L/100km, excellent mileage: 30000km and still 8mm tread left, a little humming noise which is normal with AT tires.
I change the tire position every year to prevent noise due uneven tire wear, front left <-> rear right and front right <-> rear left.

#7 ·
Consider the Michelin Latitude Cross next time. A much better tyre than the Grabber AT which I had previously. Quieter, no drone, much more comfortable, better braking and longer lasting.

#9 ·
Perhaps only in Europe.

That's a pity if so as they are an outstanding on/off road compromise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.