Club Touareg Forum banner

Skid Plates from VW Touareg EXPEDITION Edition?

28K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  SandyTouareg 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
Guess that depends. I know how much the Dakar-Offroad one is, and its not as nice as this one (Note the weld joints to fab it tighly around the underbody): The is a shop in North Bend, WA that fabbed one up and apparently has plans to sell it....link below.

http://www.davesport.com/cgi-bin/davesport/touareg.html

DO you have pricing on the Expedition one, and do you think you could get it?

#5 ·
I have the Dakar offroad alumnium skid plate for the front. It has gotten well used offroad.

#6 ·
This is a complete set made by a German company. I saw these at a Touareg event I attended back in 2005 in Frankfurt. Cost: 4900 Euros FOB factory (somewhere in Germany). The main portion was about 2900 Euros. That was back in 2005.

Not sure of today's price.

Attachments

#7 ·

Attachments

#14 ·
I need some specs on these skid plates. I was just about to start a thread about how I can get some dimensions. We just had a customer cancel an order on us and we ended up with 5 48X96 in. sheets of .250 5052 H32 Aluminum, and it's just calling my name! My front skid plate is gone and half of the passenger side is in really bad shape from the last off roading adventure I had. I have been thinking of doing this for a while, and now that I have the material the timing is perfect! If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Alex

#15 ·
I did contact them. They haven't made any more than the one. Not because of lack of demand (lots of calls) but the shipping costs always killed it off. I'm 30 miles from them so he still has the plans and is willing to make another for about $700. We are going to meet up next week and put the treg on the lift and see about the dimensions and about splitting the prototype you see in the photo into two plates like the plastic ones we have now.

#20 ·
No updates: I dropped the idea when it got that expensive. currently looking at sourcing a steel version of the plastic shroud we have that protects our oil filter, etc... turns out that such a thing exists and is a direct OEM accessory for they Cayenne: I went and checked the bolt patterns last week and it woul dbe a direct bolton for us. Still workign on a source for a good price, but its looking like around $250. This only protects back to the oil pan, no further....

Part number:955-107-981-00

#22 ·
#24 ·
Let me source and let you know. Although, i am finding that to get one made up is going to be around the same price as me exporting them at cost for you.
but, check what this guy is making in Oz.
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f66/big-bad-mud-tyres-78250.html
I recommend capturing some of the pics and passing them on to an engineer/boiler maker to whip up. should only take a few hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.