Brake Controller Basics + Prodigy Solution - Page 14 - Club Touareg Forums

post #131 of 135 Old 08-15-2012

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Thanks to all in this thread for invaluable info and guidance as I installed my brake controller and trailer wiring. I installed a Primus IQ from Tekonsha, tapping into the brake switch and the factory plug in the driver's footwell for 12V, ground, and blue brake wire (running to the passenger rear cargo area). It works flawlessly, towed the Porsche to the track for the first time last week.

This is a terrific forum, full of great info. Thanks, all! If anyone has questions about installing this controller, feel free to PM me. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos...

2004 Wheat Beige Touareg
2002 Black Porsche Carrera
2005 Midnight Blue Porsche Boxster S
2012 Audi Q5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 135 Old 09-07-2012

Touareg: 2009 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
brake controller

after reading every post looking for hours and letting a trailer place try we are going withe the Prodigy RF. just ordered it.
post #133 of 135 Old 10-08-2012

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Thought I'd better finish the story from page 12 of Darren and his optocoupler and led lights. The optocoupler was just a bit too techno and continued to make weird shiat happen so we dumbed it down to a good old relay and all is good.

The USA led trailer lights on our trailer still had a flicker problem so i tried a spare LED tailight I had sitting around (www.ledautolamps.com model number 150bar) and lo and behold this worked fine so I grabbed another one of these from feebay and it is all sorted in plenty of time for snapper season in Melbourne.

massive thanks to c4ar and Patr80l for your help getting the treg sorted

Note for self - next time just follow the instructions and don't think so much

Regards,

Darren

post #134 of 135 Old 10-08-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Good to hear you got it all sorted out Darren. Thanks for the update.

As for the snapper, we tried Western Port on Saturday but no luck
Heard there are some fish being caught off Mordialloc.
post #135 of 135 Old 12-01-2016

Touareg: Still looking
First time post. I have a question that may fall into this thread. I have recently acquired an 06 V8 since my 05 was totaled. When buying it from the lot, I asked if I could take the factory towing package off of another one that was on the lot to install onto mine which they agreed to. Unfortunately, I was the one who had to do the switch and due to time constraints, I just swapped out the hitch bumper and did not hook up the wires (I figured I could do this at home). I get home & realized that I did not pay enough attention to the hookups and think I may have left something behind. What I have is the box labeled (7L0 907 383G) then I have the wire harness that goes from the 7-pin input to the inside of the car with two plugs. I believe that the longer plug goes into the control box that is already installed and of course the shorter wire goes into the green connector beneath the passenger taillight. So my question is, what goes into the westfalia box? Am I missing a harness piece? Are those necessary and what does that box do? I am hoping that these connections are already somewhere inside on the Treg. My trailer does not have brakes, just need signals, lights & brake lights.

I am just confused because I did not remove any connectors from the harness that goes to the bumper. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode