Blinking Display on Brake Controller - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2009 V6
Garage
Blinking Display on Brake Controller

FWIW

I finally got my V10 setup for towing.

Was lucky to get the Factory Hitch, Wiring harness, 7 pin connector and Towing Module from a local auto wrecker for $75.00!!!

The factory hitch is significantly more robust than the Curt hitch I installed on my 2009.

I took off the taillights, rear bumper fascia, The inner panels covering the CD player.

I unbolted & took off the bumper frame and bolted on the hitch, then I fed the wiring harness through the hole provided into the CD player area.

(One odd thing was that the hitch bolts were M14 x 1.5 x 100 mm, Not M12 x 1.5 x 100mm the dealer sold me.
I found some grade 10.9 bolts online with some Hillman bolt shoulders. Dealer said that the M14 bolts did not exist)

I mounted the Tow module next to the connector that was waiting for it, right above the rear passenger wheel well, behind the plastic panels I took off

I also plugged in the green connector to the green connector located by the CD player

I then carefully re-installed the panel, fascia, taillights etc.

I then opened the fuse panel located on the passenger side of the dash.

I then made sure fuses were in Location #1(5a), #3(5a), #5(5a), #19(25a) & #41(25a). This may vary for your year.

I then located the brake controller connector under the dash, plugged in the harness I bought on Ebay and then mounted my Prodigy P2 and plugged it in.

I hooked up my trailer (a #5000 Springdale) and everything worked fine. Lights, Brakes everything.

Except for one minor thing

On the display of the Prodigy P2 controller, when I am driving down the road, it will flicker/blink between "0.0" and "c" very rapidly.
When I hit the brakes It will immediately go to "0.0" and then display the voltage readout properly
When I manually trigger the trailer brakes it works properly.
When I plug in the trailer without the motor running it shows a "c"

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2017

No i dont have any ideas about it..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« towing | Swaybar »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode