Club Touareg Forum banner

Anderson 3344 WDH

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ebg18t 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the Anderson 3344 system with the chain link. They look like they would work on a Touareg . We have a 14 TDI R line and tow a 20 ft trailer with 5 to 600 lb tongue wt, and 5000 lb trailer wt including the tongue.

#3 ·
I am a new member considering to buy a Toureg TDI R-Line mostly for towing. I am currently using the Andersen set up in my Kia Sorento SX to tow a 3500lbs(loaded) trailer.
The Andersen set up is light weight and sway control works amazingly, I have driven over 3000kms in the Rockies with it. From my experience I didn't notice it doing a good job at equalizing but hard to tell when you have no way to measure the Equalization other than by looking at your vehicle. Andersen is easy to hook up and light weight to handle that even my wife can hook it up if she wanted to and no need to remove anything wile backing up. Also, it looks cool! and makes 70% less noise than the other traditional equalisers.

#4 ·
After talking to the hitch people I well not be using it or any other WDH system because they all do the same thing and that is to transfer wt. to the frt. axle and VW says no to all of that. Anyway with the R line it dose not need any thing. Our 2015 Lance 1985 is 24 ft long with a wt. of 5000 loaded, tongue wt 600 and it tows the trailer with no sway or bottoming . The Treg sits level and so does the trailer. It's so easy to hook up also. The VW on board computer stops any trailer swaying , don't know how but never have had any sway in 35 mph side winds, tail winds or head on winds. One handed solid. The only time I felt any sway was when both black and gray tanks were just about full and I wanted to clean them good by driving that way, the fluid sloshing around was felt in the corners. Great car and I would buy one again for towing and pleasure driving.

Attachments

#5 ·
Mr.t - I an confused. The tongue weight on my Kodiak is ~360# with my LP & battery. The rear of my Touareg dropped about 2" which brought the truck below level. I am using my Blue Ox WDH with 350# bar and the truck still settles about 1" which equates on my Touareg to being level.

Is your rear suspension stiffer or different? I would really like to increase the spring rates by 25% to help compensate when towing. What suspension are you running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.