Club Touareg Forum banner

+ 34 lbs tongue weight?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dallas J 
#1 ·
went from an open trailex trailer to their enclosed to haul my race car behind my '14 TDI. Trailer weighs approx. 2300lbs race car is 3K. had trailer and car at shop for winter work and picked it up the other day. the shop loaded car, 2 sets of tires, jack, jack stands, etc. and set tongue weight. i told them tongue weight was 616 but they set it at 650.

I don't expect to be carrying much at all in the treg. just wondering if you would break out the tongue scale and re-position tire stops and adjust car's position? BTW Overall length (tip to end) of trailer is 22' 6"

#2 ·
If you're worried about it then move the car back a few inches. Drive it and if the Treg is a bit twitchy feeling, then move it forward 2in. You'll get to a place where it just feels spot on and handles like it doesn't care its towing a load. You'll still know its there, anyone who says it "tows like nothings there" is a fool.

Once you find your happy spot, put a 2x4 in front of the tire and measure to it from a reference point. Then when you load up again, just put the block down in its spot and drive up to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.