275/70R17s on my '06 Cayenne - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 14 Old 12-27-2016 Thread Starter

275/70R17s on my '06 Cayenne

Not much love for off road builds in the Porsche forums, but I managed to fit Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/70R17s on my '06 Cayenne with Alex Gee's lift/leveling kit.

Also using a hubcentric 25mm adapter/spacer to give me more wheel options.

There was some minimal rubbing when they were first mounted, but that was easily rectified with a little fender trimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-27-2016
Touareg Guru

Nice one! Like those wheels.

How have you mounted the spare on the rear? Pix required!

Excellent Wikipedia info on all models:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Buying or just bought a T1 or a T2? ESSENTIAL READING:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing by typing in site:
color="black"> word word word
post #3 of 14 Old 12-27-2016 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobytoogy View Post
Nice one! Like those wheels.

How have you mounted the spare on the rear? Pix required!

It's the Wilco Off-road Hitchgate Solo.

Hitch mounted spare carrier that swings away for liftgate access. Also adds a secondary hitch so you don't lose your towing capabilities. Secondary hitch is rated for 7,000#.

post #4 of 14 Old 12-27-2016 Thread Starter

And thanks!

post #5 of 14 Old 12-27-2016

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
NOOOOICE! what brand of spacer/adapter did you use? custom? ive tried looking but dont want to trust the cheap ebay/china spacers. the 5x130 bolt gets no love from offroad aftermarket. plenty of ugly lexani type hood wheels haha
post #6 of 14 Old 12-27-2016 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NippsmoVR6 View Post
NOOOOICE! what brand of spacer/adapter did you use? custom? ive tried looking but dont want to trust the cheap ebay/china spacers. the 5x130 bolt gets no love from offroad aftermarket. plenty of ugly lexani type hood wheels haha

You definitely don't want to go cheap on something that influences the entire geometry/balance of your ride.

I HIGHLY recommend Motorsport Tech. They make hubs/adapters to YOUR specifications. I ordered mine to be both hubcentric to the OEM Porsche hub, as well as wheel-centric to the center diameter of my aftermarket wheels. I provided all the specifications and about 2 weeks later, 4 gorgeously crafted hub adapters showed up on my doorstep. They were a perfect fit.

post #7 of 14 Old 12-27-2016
Touareg Guru

Like the gas can too!

https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate-solo/

Excellent Wikipedia info on all models:

Buying or just bought a T1 or a T2? ESSENTIAL READING:

Useful tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing by typing in site:
color="black"> word word word
post #8 of 14 Old 12-27-2016 Thread Starter

Haha. I bought that kit. So, I have the parts to mount the Rotopax cans. Just waiting on the cans themselves to come in.

I'll post additional pictures when they do. I'm going with a 3 gallon gas can and 2 gallon water can.

post #9 of 14 Old 12-29-2016

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
We also like the Wilco Hitchgate with mounts for two Scepter cans on the back. Maxtrax fit nicely behind the spare. Having the spare out back makes hanging a Trash-a-roo easy. We have full skid plates all the way back covering important bits. Rock sliders just in case. The roll bar has a mount to store the winch internally, can be mounted in front or back as needed. Winch also pins the ARB fridge against the side. Group 31 battery sits on the opposite side of the winch with the inverter. Pushing the rear seats forward makes room behind for a 90 watt solar array. ARB 8x8 room extends out one side and a 6x6 for cooking & relaxing on the other. The track car also fits under the 6x6. Full Xpell wrap will cost less to replace than repaint after all the scratches from doing road rally and off-roading. If y'all have access to PCAs Panorama there is an 11 page article on our TDI in the December 2016 issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Otis - RSAmerica Track Ready smaller.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	623.3 KB
ID:	166802   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9765b_smaller.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	166810  

post #10 of 14 Old 12-29-2016 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 TDI View Post
We also like the Wilco Hitchgate with mounts for two Scepter cans on the back. Maxtrax fit nicely behind the spare. Having the spare out back makes hanging a Trash-a-roo easy. We have full skid plates all the way back covering important bits. Rock sliders just in case. The roll bar has a mount to store the winch internally, can be mounted in front or back as needed. Winch also pins the ARB fridge against the side. Group 31 battery sits on the opposite side of the winch with the inverter. Pushing the rear seats forward makes room behind for a 90 watt solar array. ARB 8x8 room extends out one side and a 6x6 for cooking & relaxing on the other. The track car also fits under the 6x6. Full Xpell wrap will cost less to replace than repaint after all the scratches from doing road rally and off-roading. If y'all have access to PCAs Panorama there is an 11 page article on our TDI in the December 2016 issue.

Amazing!!!!

Very impressive setup.

The Following User Says Thank You to timebandit For This Useful Post:
2013 TDI (12-29-2016)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode