2016 K-Z MXT200 Trailer Toy Hauler - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 11-05-2016 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
2016 K-Z MXT200 Trailer Toy Hauler

Going to go look at a new Sunday. Seems to tick all the right marks for weight, size, water capacity, and bathroom arrangements. My current small camper is small by any standard, and it has a "wet" bath which I'm not to fond of. Also extremely limited storage capacity.

The MXT200 looks like a big step up, and I'm wondering if any other members have one, had one, or have first hand knowledge. Reliable maker? Problems? I really like that I could take both my mountain bikes AND a small dual sport motorcycle with me. Much more room for clothes and laundry!! Big fresh tank (52 gallons), dry bath (separate shower), and an accessible bed that doesn't require crawling on hands and knees to get on.

I'm hunting down forums right now and doing my due diligence before buying but it's nice to know if there are happy campers out there with the same unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Any update? How does the treg like the kz?

2014 White/Saddle Exec/R-Line TDI
post #3 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Haven't purchased it yet, because I am still trying to sell my old small camper. it's tough to sell a camper in the middle of Winter!! But I may bite the bullet and buy it outright sometime next month (if they still have it on the lot).. I really want to take it to MOAB in March/April this year.

post #4 of 6 Old 2 Days Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Changed my mind. Now seriously considering the Livin Lite VRV 7X20HJ toy Hauler trailer instead. The difference in price is a bit more (almost 10k). I like the fact it's nearly fully welded aluminum. No wood stick construction in the frame, box, or cabinetry. No wood, no staples and screws to loosen over time.

It' slightly smaller inside than the KZ. It's 7 feet vs 8.5 feet. Interior is same length. The queen bed location for the VRV is in the rear, as opposed to the KZ, it's in the front. But when I'm towing alone (usually), I could still use the folding sofa/dinette seat into a bed and sleep there and leave the motorcycle inside. Or inflate an air mattress, with only one Motorcycle there's a lot of room. Plus the bathroom is nice. Looks well made. i want to buy my LAST camper and be done with it and know I made a sound decision.
post #5 of 6 Old 2 Days Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is jealous
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolmanJohn View Post
Changed my mind. Now seriously considering the Livin Lite VRV 7X20HJ toy Hauler trailer instead. The difference in price is a bit more (almost 10k). I like the fact it's nearly fully welded aluminum. No wood stick construction in the frame, box, or cabinetry. No wood, no staples and screws to loosen over time.

It' slightly smaller inside than the KZ. It's 7 feet vs 8.5 feet. Interior is same length. The queen bed location for the VRV is in the rear, as opposed to the KZ, it's in the front. But when I'm towing alone (usually), I could still use the folding sofa/dinette seat into a bed and sleep there and leave the motorcycle inside. Or inflate an air mattress, with only one Motorcycle there's a lot of room. Plus the bathroom is nice. Looks well made. i want to buy my LAST camper and be done with it and know I made a sound decision.
Depending on how tall your bike is, I think you should be able to lower the bed just enough to clear the motorcycle and then climb up and sleep. Just bring along a little 2 or 3 step ladder / stool if you need.

Also be careful if you ever tow it without anything in the back. By the time you add full water tanks, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, loaded up fridge and full propane tanks, and anything you put in the "outside" storage you may exceed the max tongue weight rating of your Touareg. Putting a motorcycle or just some of your "stuff" in the back will help balance that of course.

Let us know how it goes. I have a dream where I get one of those too, I just don't have enough room to park it at my current home, so I just sleep in my 6x12 cargo trailer on a cot and use the bathroom and showers at the track. I have a generator, 5 gallon igloo mounted on E-Track for water, Coleman stove and grill if I want to cook, a little ceramic space heater for cold nights and a screen door for air on warm nights. Usually when it is hot enough that I would need AC at night I don't really want to be wearing a leather suit and hanging off the side of a motorcycle during the day either.

2013 TDI Lux. Northern Virginia, USA. 2007 Aprilia Tuono, 2003 Yamaha R1, 2001 Mustang GT Conv, 2009 A4 3.2
post #6 of 6 Old 2 Days Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

I never thought of using the queen as a bunk like that. My bike is low. Very small dual sport.

The dry tongue weight of a VRV 7X20 is 524 lbs, according to their website. I probably be somewhere near 600-700 after loading. I plan on using an Andersen WD hitch.

The fresh water tank is directly between the dual axles, and doesn't affect tongue weight. I don't know where the gray or black tank are located. I am going to be sending some questions to the dealership this week, hopefully get them all answered to my liking. I have to make the decision on purchasing soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode