Club Touareg Forum banner

pics of a t reg with skid plates front and rear????

18K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  Anand 
#1 ·
if anyone can help i need some pics of a t reg with the plates on front and rear...the more the better....thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Take a look at the VW driver's gear site --- they have a couple of pictures.

The VW skid plates are plastic ---- and in my opinion --- not worth the money.

#3 ·
judging from the number plate ur from a middle east country and i think ur interested in taking it to the dunes and yes as teringco said the skid plates are plastic and wldnt be able to handle the beating from the dunes.

#9 ·
Hi guys!

Being from Germany, I am not really sure if the producers would ship this kind of stuff to the states......but asking is free of charge.

The OEM skid plates (silver plastic thingies) dont do the job.......pure waste of money if you ask me.

There are three options in general:
a) short skid plate (only engine bay)
b) medium (longer than the short one)
c) the full thing offered by VW expedition

Cost:
Short skid plate: Producer SEIKEL (about EUR 1300 = USD 1800)
Medium skid plate: producer ANTEC (Duralaluminium about EUR300 = USD 400)
Monster skid plate: VW Expedition (huge silver thing about EUR 4000 = USD 5300)

Webpages:
Antec : http://www.antec-online.de/public/en/2/1/151/index.htm
Seikel: http://www.seikel.de/de/4x4_show.php?info=4m4technik
VW: check with your dealer

By the way, checkout our website: www.touareg-freunde.de

#10 ·
"MountainLord" also has created an aluminum skid plate option that is very impressive and super affordable compared to the "Expedition" plates offered by VW.

#11 ·
Thanks for the promo amigo! I have indeed developed a skid plate and it is currently available for purchase. PM me or contact me at mountainlord@bigfoot.com for additional info. Here are some photos.

#15 ·
The "real" protective skid plate show above for serious offroading will not interfere with the parking sensors, vents and drains well and protects all vital underbody components!

#16 ·
MountainLord said:
Thanks for the promo amigo! I have indeed developed a skid plate and it is currently available for purchase. PM me or contact me at mountainlord@bigfoot.com for additional info. Here are some photos.
Nice plates, however, they are no good for treg with air suspension. The air compressor, along with all the air tubing goes from under the chassis on the passenger side. I went off-roading the other day, and I brushed against a rock that cut the air tube from the compressor to the front right suspension. Thank god had a pen on me that acted as a connection, and managed to get my baby down from the mountains ...

#17 ·
Fadi said:
MountainLord said:
Nice plates, however, they are no good for treg with air suspension. The air compressor, along with all the air tubing goes from under the chassis on the passenger side. I went off-roading the other day, and I brushed against a rock that cut the air tube from the compressor to the front right suspension. Thank god had a pen on me that acted as a connection, and managed to get my baby down from the mountains ...
wow, nice story. me i was told by a family relative to stay away from air susp. But i gotta say, its a great feature - whish i had one...

#18 ·
The skid plate I developed does protect the air compressor. The lines are also higher up and would be very difficult to snap. Basically this plate enables you to take on a Grade 4-5 rated trail with ease of mind. I seriously doubt anyone would want to go rock crawling in a Treg.

#19 ·
MountainLord said:
The skid plate I developed does protect the air compressor. The lines are also higher up and would be very difficult to snap. Basically this plate enables you to take on a Grade 4-5 rated trail with ease of mind. I seriously doubt anyone would want to go rock crawling in a Treg.
Are you planning on being at the rally this year? I want to check your stuff out in person and go from there. It is not that I don't trust your quality, it looks great, just want to see it. What I really need is to get the cash together to get the stuff.:)

#20 ·
Will be at the Rally and should have a new product or two available as well as some catalogs etc. Looking forward to it!

#23 ·
Hi,

Here are pictures of front and back skidplates (plastic) on my 2005 Model R5 TDI.

Bought from the local VW dealer. Partnumbers are below:

7L0 071 608 A
7L0 071 611 A

The front one is below the park sensor, so no problem there. The one at the back of the car has "holes" to allow the parking sensors to work through the skidplate. It also has a small hatch in the middle to allow for the removable tow bar.

A bit costly, but I think they look nice. :)

They look their best from a distance because then it is harder to see the difference between the gray plastic color and the chrome details on the rest of the car. Looks like its all chrome. :)

#24 ·
Thanks for the pics there Destiny, but those are not skid plates like the thread is referring to. Those are only decrative pieces you install for a look. We are looking for functional plates that protect the underside of the vehical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.