Club Touareg Forum banner

Led Fog Light bulbs

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  lml999 
#1 ·
Just had the driver side fog light bulb die, so it was time to buy a replacement.

After reading reports of some error's showing (CanBus) in the DIS from low voltage bulbs I reached out to Xenon Depot. They told me it shouldn't be a problem with the new VW/Audi/BMW cars. So I ordered a set of their Phillips 2500 lumen led bulbs. They had a 10% coupon code too.

http://www.xenondepot.com/led-headlight-bulbs-s/240.htm

Install was easy, but the rubber washer they have on the bulbs is too big, so I had to use the smaller rubber washer off the OEM Phillips bulb. The black box on the led wires was 3m trim-taped to the bottom of the fog light compartment.

No errors on the DIS. The lights are slightly bluer than the headlights. It's hard to tell if output is better than OEM due to the color difference. I'll try to get an output picture one of these nights.

#8 ·
Hearty congratulations to you on the safe arrival of your twins [even though your wife did all the work!].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.