Club Touareg Forum banner

Manual Headlight Adjustment 3.2 V6

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  david1981 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've just bought a 2005 3.2V6 Sport and OMG what a hell of a car for the money.
I took it to a meeting yesterday and came back in the dark. The lights were too dim and the pass side is adjusted far too low. I went to Halfords today and bought a Xenon upgrade. The light is now much better however the pass side faces further down than i think it should.

Is there a way to adjust this manually? I have the headlight adj in the cabin to 0 and not 3. On 3 it lights the ground up very well!! I didn't get an owners manual so cant check in that. Any help is always good.

Thanks in advance.

PS, if anyone has a spare manual for reasonable money let me know!!!

#2 ·
The halogen headlights on the T1 Touareg are not good and, on wet roads at night can be downright dangerous.

Do get them properly adjusted but beware, you need to use plenty of WD40 or similar first and the plastic bits may break but if they do, just take the nbits to your dealer and get the new parts - they're a tenner or so.

See post number 4 for the headlight adjustments [take no notice of the xenon words]. The pictures shown are for the nearside headlight on a RHD.

VWVortex.com - Adjusting xenon lights?

You'll need to work it out for yourself from this for the offside!

Here's how you get the lights out including pictures:

Removing headlight unit + changing bulbs - myTreg forums

I strongly, very strongly, suggest the best upgrade to go for is a set of HIDs.

Buy them from http://www.hids4u.co.uk/

You need H7/projector/5000K/55watt/CANBUS and use STRATHY as the discount code at checkout for 25% off.

They take an hour to fit.

You will then need PIAA Extreme White in the main beam to match. Not cheap but mine lasted 8 years and were still going strong when I moved my T1 on.

PIAA XTREME WHITE BULBS

You'll need to go on e-bay for a manual.

Do take time to read the buying a used Touareg thread in my signature. You will learn a lot about the car you have just bought and probably save money later too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.