Still Looking! Can a fella get a Touareg? - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By FSJ Guy

post #1 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

Unhappy Still Looking! Can a fella get a Touareg?

Hello folks! I posted a few weeks ago "Hopelessly Looking". It is a mini rant about trying to find a great CPO Touareg 2014 and higher. Im in upstate NY. Touaregs are very niche here. I though I had one in New Jersey. The dealer tried to sell the car with MAJOR cosmetic damage. So no deal!! Can anyone give me any tips on securing a nice gently used V6 Sport w/Nav or
R-Line. Can anyone recommend a great dealership or VW borker? Does anyone have any good tips or advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
You might consider traveling some distance to open up your options. I bought out TDI from a VW dealer in Chicago and drove it home to Denver. We have friends and family all over. A road trip was enjoyable.

On Most sites you can control the distance away.

Here are some sites I used
Car Gurus (best)
Cars.com
Autolist

Searchtempest or Craigslist

The weird thing VW doesn't have a national database for the dealerships

Best of luck.

-Bill-
'09 VW Touareg 2 TDI Tow Hitch
'11 Silverado Duramax Diesel SB Crew LTZ
post #3 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V8
Second Vehicle: 2007 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPass View Post
You might consider traveling some distance to open up your options. I bought out TDI from a VW dealer in Chicago and drove it home to Denver. We have friends and family all over. A road trip was enjoyable.

On Most sites you can control the distance away.

Here are some sites I used
Car Gurus (best)
Cars.com
Autolist

Searchtempest or Craigslist

The weird thing VW doesn't have a national database for the dealerships

Best of luck.
X2, looked for a year and a half to find the Touareg with engine, options and price that fit my needs. Found it in Kansas City, Missouri. Had local VW dealer do pre sale inspection, flew out and drove it back to Utah. Found it on Car gurus. Congrats MtnPass on the 08 V8 FSI, we also are a 2 Touareg family both 07 V8 FSI's, same color combo as your 08 and we love them. Mtnride

07 V8 FSI, Campanella white, steel suspension(wife's)
07 V8 FSI, Campanella white, Air suspension, hitch, keyless start, center & rear diff locks 265/70R17 M+S (mine)
The Following User Says Thank You to mtnride For This Useful Post:
MtnPass (1 Week Ago)

post #4 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Yup. I flew to Dallas to get my Touareg. The independent dealer even picked me up at the airport!

Drove it the 20+ hours home.

2008 V8
No VCDS? Get it here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
When I was looking for a Touareg, it was impossible to find one that was in good condition and reasonably priced. In my city, which is much smaller than yours, Touaregs are not “niche”; in fact, if I pay attention, I would see three to four in just five minutes on average.

The high amount of Touaregs on the road and the lack of availability on the used market means that the car is not only desirable when new, they are also great in the long-term.
If I were you, I would consider investing in a new Touareg, take care of it, and keep it for a while. Based on what I see with the Atlas and the new Tiguan, VW will not make them like they used to, and the used market is very strong. Plus, it is the cheapest way to get into a new Porsche Cayenne.
post #6 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
I bought mine from a place in Geneva, NY, and paid $600 to have it hauled to Dallas. Found it on Auto Trader.

David W. Allen, GISP

2004 Touareg V10 TDI
1998 New Beetle TDI
1974 Thing
post #7 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touareging View Post
The high amount of Touaregs on the road and the lack of availability on the used market means that the car is not only desirable when new, they are also great in the long-term.
Unfortunately, there are not a lot of Touaregs on the road. And new models are not in demand. VW sold just 4,223 total in the US in 2016. For comparison, Jeep sold more than 212,000 Grand Cherokees - essentially matching Touareg annual sales every single week. I'm not suggesting the Grand Cherokee is a better vehicle by any means, but it's certainly in higher demand. It's the lack of new Touareg registrations that makes used samples so hard to find. The supply of gassers won't change much, but there should be an influx of TDI's once the Gen 2 repairs begin. I know where you can find an exceptionally well cared for 2014 TDI R Line in the near future. 🙂

To the OP, you can set up a search in AutoTrader, and they'll notify you when a new listing appears. As others have suggested, you'll want to use a large search area. I drove more than 300 miles to get mine, and I had to settle for a color that wasn't high on my list.

Rod

2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #8 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
I agree with HotrodW. They just aren't as popular as other SUVs. If someone is looking at spending north of $50K USD on a vehicle, they probably don't end up at a VW dealer.
:- (

IMHO, they are sleeper cars. Look boring and plain. Until they see you hauling a 30 ft trailer or keeping up with a locked and lifted Wrangler on the trail.
HotRodW likes this.

2008 V8
No VCDS? Get it here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony88 View Post
Hello folks! I posted a few weeks ago "Hopelessly Looking". It is a mini rant about trying to find a great CPO Touareg 2014 and higher. Im in upstate NY. Touaregs are very niche here. I though I had one in New Jersey. The dealer tried to sell the car with MAJOR cosmetic damage. So no deal!! Can anyone give me any tips on securing a nice gently used V6 Sport w/Nav or
R-Line. Can anyone recommend a great dealership or VW borker? Does anyone have any good tips or advice.
Tony check out CARFAX. They have very nice app for your phone that lets you filter out the specific options you are looking for. I too am from upstate NY (Albany area) and found my 2014 R-Line with 11,700 miles on it in Manhattan.

I just was on there are many to choose from include a few R-Line models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode