Club Touareg Forum banner

Signs Battery is Dying

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rg955tt 
#1 ·
Are there signs when a battery starts dying?

Today all my sat radio pre-sets disappeared, however the local station pre-sets remained. Also the garage opener lost its programming. Is this a sign the battery is starting a slow death? If so, I want to be ahead of the problem instead of getting stranded somewhere.

Is there a module in VCDS that can tell me battery health?

Thanks
Marc

#2 ·
A 2014 should not be seen battery issues that this short life. However the symptoms sound like it may be. If you have VCDS you can check the system voltage at rest, it should be significantly above 12 V.

I would have to drag out the laptop to tell your where you may look, but that's not possible at the moment. May somebody else can chime in.

Where the hell is DFW??????

Stuart...

#5 ·
On the T1, seeing Consumer Electronics Off was a sure sign.

#6 ·
I have a new 2015 Exec (2500 miles) and my Sat did the same thing. When I got in the car and started driving this morning it said "updating" and all my presets disappeared. Had to reprogram all of the sat station so it looks like XM/Sirius rebooted itself. Coincidence both of us had this happen? Don't think so. Had to be update from XM that caused it?

#8 ·
Yeah sorry but mine worked fine when I got home from work. Just had the Sirius thing reboot whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.