Club Touareg Forum banner

Productive Afternoon

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  FSJ Guy 
#1 ·
My 2008 V6 TDI is starting to take shape, got the 20" Audi speed lines on last weekend and carbon trimmed the interior this weekend. I'm very happy with the result!

Few more bits to do and would appreciate opinions

Rear boot spoiler
Exhaust trims
Led rear clusters
Privacy glass

Anything I've missed, what it to look as oem as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
My 2008 V6 TDI is starting to take shape, got the 20" Audi speed lines on last weekend and carbon trimmed the interior this weekend. I'm very happy with the result!

Few more bits to do and would appreciate opinions

Rear boot spoiler
Exhaust trims
Led rear clusters
Privacy glass

Anything I've missed, what it to look as oem as possible

Looks so great with those rims!

#6 ·
How did you do the overlay Steve?

I'm trying to finally get around to hardwire my radar detector, as well as finish up my Parrot install, and as I am looking to run the wire for the RD, I took off a piece of the trim next to the steering wheel. I have some carbon fiber weave "stickers" that I had for a PC project, and thought I might try it on the one piece.

I'm not crazy about the wood interior, and pieces of mine are cracking. So, I thought I might give it a go. I'd prefer the ALU, but then again, I'd prefer a replacement truck!

Thanks.

eli

#7 ·
Ive never done this before, but all I can say is use good vinyl. I used 3M dynoc 3D carbon fibre vinyl. The 3D stuff is Matt as opposed to gloss. They do alu and piano black too. Get some iso propyl alcohol some sharp scalpels and a hair dryer.

Took a good afternoon to complete, some of the trickier sections like around the cup holders took me an hour to cover but result are good.

Door and dash trims I did on the vehicle (as door panels were a lot to remove). Centre console I removed and did in doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.