If not the T3 TDI, then what? - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums
 161Likes

post #61 of 632 Old 08-05-2016
Administrator

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
The 4cyl Volvo and v6 supercharged Audi engine look similar on a spec sheet, but when driven the Volvo feels like the 4 cyl that it is and the Audi feels powerful. In my books complete competence and effortless power rank #1 when it comes to a luxury vehicle. The 4 cyl strategy Volvo is attempting is not desireable, and does pay fuel efficiency dividends either. Just my take on the xc90 v q7 gasoline models.
Mythdoc likes this.

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Touareg TDI Black Pearl / Titan Black
--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
'09 TDI, '07 V8 FSI, '04 V10 TDI, '04 VR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 632 Old 08-05-2016
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2015 V8 TDI
Wait for T4?

V8 TDI R line MY15, White with Panoramic roof, VW towbar and the lot.

V10 TDI, MYO6 on Conti CrossContact 255/60/18s with RNS510, Paddle Shifters, Rear Diff lock, Mounted Spare, Phatbox, Bluetooth, 4 Zone CC, Keyless, AFS Xenons, TPMS, Easy Entry/Exit, Twin Batteries, Air Suspension, Sunroof, Icom IC440 UHF radio...

Had, Sold & Missed...V6 petrol on Pirelli AT's with Sat Nav, Rear Diff lock, Bluetooth & Phatbox.
post #63 of 632 Old 08-07-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTDI View Post
In all the posts, there is nothing that is as good as the T3 TDI. The only comparable is the Range Rover diesel that starts at like $85,000. Nothing else can tow the 7,000+ lbs that I need to tow.
RR Sport Td6 well equipped can be had in the mid to upper $60k's and is a more direct equivalent to the Treg. Was at the JLR dealer the other day checking out a potential replacement for my wife's Volvo, and they had a full-sized RR Td6 there on the showroom floor. They claimed that barn on wheels averaged 31mpg from Seattle to Denver with a 6700lb curb weight. The RR Sport Td6 is sold out until January.

I did drive the F-Pace 35t and it was awesome...the tech and driving dynamics are hard to beat at a hair under $60k. It's better than the Porsche Macan / Q5 by a long shot. And the XE 35t blows the doors of pretty much everything but the M3, and it's cheaper.

Jaguar is also offering 5 year/60k mile warranty with all scheduled maintenance covered as standard. Maintenance intervals are 1/year or 16k miles.

post #64 of 632 Old 08-07-2016 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2015 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabone33 View Post
RR Sport Td6 well equipped can be had in the mid to upper $60k's and is a more direct equivalent to the Treg. Was at the JLR dealer the other day checking out a potential replacement for my wife's Volvo, and they had a full-sized RR Td6 there on the showroom floor. They claimed that barn on wheels averaged 31mpg from Seattle to Denver with a 6700lb curb weight. The RR Sport Td6 is sold out until January.

I did drive the F-Pace 35t and it was awesome...the tech and driving dynamics are hard to beat at a hair under $60k. It's better than the Porsche Macan / Q5 by a long shot. And the XE 35t blows the doors of pretty much everything but the M3, and it's cheaper.

Jaguar is also offering 5 year/60k mile warranty with all scheduled maintenance covered as standard. Maintenance intervals are 1/year or 16k miles.
5,290 lbs tow capacity, just not enough.

If I didn't need to tow though, I would consider one as the truck does look nice.
post #65 of 632 Old 08-07-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTDI View Post
5,290 lbs tow capacity, just not enough.

If I didn't need to tow though, I would consider one as the truck does look nice.
7716 lbs for the RR Sport Td6 - the Jag is not a Touareg replacement at all in my opinion. Completely different class of vehicle - that's why I'm considering it for our other vehicle. The Jag would be our "fun" car. If there's a buyback on the Touareg, the only thing that makes sense to me is the RR Sport Td6...and with likely somewhere around $30k likely for my 2010 if the formulas for the 2.0 is at all applicable, it would be a great buy.
post #66 of 632 Old 08-08-2016

Of course I bought my 16 Touareg executive 3 days before the 3.0L recall. I initially thought it was going to be a blessing but now I need a super duty truck and need to sell my Touareg so I can tow my 13k lb toy hauler. 😈🙈
post #67 of 632 Old 08-09-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachmanvwdrew View Post
Of course I bought my 16 Touareg executive 3 days before the 3.0L recall. I initially thought it was going to be a blessing but now I need a super duty truck and need to sell my Touareg so I can tow my 13k lb toy hauler. 😈🙈
The Touareg can tow a 747. You just have to go really slowly.
post #68 of 632 Old 08-12-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
I would consider a V10 if I could get an extended warranty for 4 or 5 years. Do you know if warranties have an age (year) or upper mileage limit?

-Bill-
'08 VW Touareg V8 Lux Tow Hitch
'09 VW Touareg TDI Lux Tow Hitch
'11 Silverado Duramax Diesel SB Crew LTZ
post #69 of 632 Old 08-12-2016
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2010 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPass View Post
I would consider a V10 if I could get an extended warranty for 4 or 5 years. Do you know if warranties have an age (year) or upper mileage limit?

Most do although it varies by company and policy.

2012 Dark Flint Metallic Touareg TDI Exec
2010 Sapphire Blue Pearl Touareg TDI Lux Limited
post #70 of 632 Old 08-12-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPass View Post
Look for one at Carmax. Carmax warranties are amazing.

Unfortunately, finding a V10 at Carmax would probably be near impossible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode