For Sale: 2008 V10 Touareg2 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 23 Old 01-07-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
2008 V10 Touareg2

It's with a heavy heart that I offer my V10 for sale. I've sold one of my homes and I jut don't have the space. The car has 53,700 miles but I drive it s bit. It's Black on Black in fantastic condition. Everything works as it should. I've done the following maintenance recently:
Oil changed 100 mile ago
New brake pads, brake rotors and tires 6,000 miles ago.
Both batteries replaced in October 2016

It has every option I know of in these trucks including rear locking differential. The Platinum Plus Fideltiy warrant is for a total of 6 years and 72,000 miles from 5/16/14 and 36,864 miles. So the warranty, transferable for a small fee, is good until 5-2020 or 108,864 miles. We all know Howe important the warranty is and I've taken care of the major wear items. I don't think I'm beating to brash saying this may be one of the finer examples of a V10 out there and it is a T2.

I'll post photos in a few days when I get back to NJ. However, any serious buyer of a V10 will not find a better one and it is inclusive of the Fideltiy platinum warranty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-07-2017
Touareg Guru

Sounds like a nice one.
post #3 of 23 Old 01-07-2017

Touareg: Still looking
Hello, How much $$$$

post #4 of 23 Old 01-08-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

post #5 of 23 Old 01-08-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I can be emailed at rbg0115@gmail.com. Call or text nine7three-four64-two7five8. I am a no pressure seller so don't be afraid to inquire.

Let me add a few more things and anyone can correct me if I misstate something. When I had the brakes done the VW dealer told me there were option larger brakes (I think 30mm larger) and that this vehicle had them. The tires are 19" factory (275/45/R19) with some really big tires on there. I have rear heated seats and separate zone A/C it appears from the controls, push button start.

If anyone has any questions at all feel free to reach out or questions about potential optional equipment, I don't know what was standard and what was optional, I'd be happy to tell you if the SUV is equipped as such.

I've looked at what's for sale and I haven't seen another 08 and only one other with low miles (49,180 on Autotrader and it's an 06 asking a lot more). The warranty is transferable for a small fee that is entirely worth it's weight in gold, or in this case platinum, given repair costs. You can drive, in my opinion, the best Touareg ever made the T2 V10 worry free for more than 3 years or 54k miles without the fear of expensive repairs.

The best review I've read on any car:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/200...10-tdi-review/
post #6 of 23 Old 01-08-2017
Administrator

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
After reviewing your classified ad, it appears that your ad does not meet the posting requirements due to one or more of the following reasons:

• Your ad does not contain any pictures of the item(s) that you are selling or valid links to a picture hosting site
  • Your ad did not list a location of the items for sale or your profile does not list a valid location
  • Your ad does not provide an asking price

Please provide these items soon or your ad will be deleted without further notice to you.

All of our posting requirements can be reviewed by clicking the following link:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f4...ing-19378.html

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Touareg TDI Black Pearl / Titan Black
--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
'09 TDI, '07 V8 FSI, '04 V10 TDI, '04 VR6
post #7 of 23 Old 01-08-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I have an asking price in a separate post because I can't edit the original. My location was in my profile and displayed so I thought that was good enough. However, the car is in Morris County NJ.

I'll put up a place holder photo until I take more this week.

post #8 of 23 Old 01-09-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

The Touareg is at the dealer today because one of the keys was a bit knackered and I wanted to get a fresh one. I'll get pictures and a detailed description of all the features up this week.

All PM's replied to.

Thanks!
post #9 of 23 Old 01-11-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

OK, I've done a bit of research and will adjust the asking price and refine the description.

The SUV is a 2008 T2 black on black with tinted windows. The vehicle has the following equipment and whether or not it is standard or optional I do not know, if I missed something feel free to ask.

The head unit has navigation, backup camera and sirius satellite radio, it is the original unit that came with the car. It has 4 zone heat and A/C, heated seats front and rear and a heated steering wheel. The interior is black, I assume it's leather, and a grey headliner and pillars. The interior is in fantastic condition and shows very little wear. The car also have Air Susp/PS/PB/PW/P seats/P mirrors that retract and a trailer hitch. Finally, as I look around it does have keyless start and rear locking differentials. I have two keys, one is brand new and the other is original. One key was extremely worn and the plastic covers were coming off so I had a new key programmed.

The exterior is in great shape, no dings or dents, the paint is in excellent shape, no scratches that are remarkable. The tires were replaced less than 6,000 miles ago along with the brakes and rotors. As I mentioned earlier the brakes seem to be an optional size or I misunderstood the mechanic at the dealer when they were replaced. What I took from it was they were 30mm larger than standard but I'm not sure that there was an option on the brakes that year. Nonetheless they are new and they are very good, no noise or fade. I replaced the two batteries in October (quite a pricey fix for the two). I had the oil changed and wiper blades replaced less than 200 miles ago.

The car comes with the Fidelity Platinum Plus warranty, you pay the transfer it's modest, that covers the car until 5-2020 or 108,864 miles, whichever comes first. So you can drive for quite some time with great peace of mind that you won't be on the hook for than the $100 per incident deductible. If you've never had the VW Fidelity Warranty I can tell you it's great and it's just like factory from the treatment I receive at the dealership. I've never had to file any paperwork or any other administrative work and every claim has been paid. Most recently the high pressure switch on the A/C and the steering column, being told common issue on this particular year and model, have been replaced with a total cost of $200.00 dollars to me.

The car is in spectacular shape and everything functions as it should. It drives and stops straight, accelerates like a freight train and has great road manners.

I will post a video and some photos in the next couple of days so that everyone can see this specimen. The car fax is clean, no hit, no paint, and you can enjoy with confidence and piece of mind. I am modifying the asking price to a realistic $22,000.00 including the warranty. If you do not want the warranty we can negotiate that.

My phone number is 973-464-2758 so feel free to call or text to discuss the vehicle.

Thanks again,
Rob
post #10 of 23 Old 01-11-2017

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Hey, do you have anymore pictures?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode