Want to Buy: 2007 V10 owners / shoppers - HELP!! - what's it worth!?!?! - Club Touareg Forums
 4Likes

post #1 of 23 Old 04-24-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
2007 V10 owners / shoppers - HELP!! - what's it worth!?!?!

Hello Fellow V10 Owners;

I'm not sure where to post on ClubTouareg.com, so please, re-direct me if I'm wrong. I'm very open to information / direction / suggestions!

Until last week, I had a beautiful 2007 T'reg V10, black on black, on black. And, I destroyed it in my first car crash in my life.

Long story short, my insurance company is offering me far less than what I believe I could buy it for on the market today. And they've put the ball in my court to convince them of the true market value. So, that said, ladies and gentlemen, what's the proper market value, in your humble opinions, of a 2007 T'reg V10 TDI w/ the following:
- 110k miles; 150 miles since oil change @ Emich VW Dealership,
- Black paint, black wheels, black leather, black interior paneling, heavy tinted windows, wood grain trim interior,
- dual climate, custom steering wheel (wooden, perfectly matching the interior), dual differential lock, and otherwise loaded and like new (as in, 0% wear on the seats, bolsters, & arm rests)
- aftermarket: premium Kenwood audio head unit - Bluetooth, DVD, etc.
- new VW turbos at 104K miles
- new tandem pump at 108k miles

Anyone recently buy anything like this? Anyone selling anything like this? Anyone have any suggestions where to find a real market value?? I need some help here....

Thanks!!
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Treg.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	700.6 KB
ID:	176618  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Mine was very, very similar to that. I had 117k miles on it, and I sold it about a year and a half ago for 17,000.

This was the ad I put on here.

2007 V10 - $18,795
Snoop likes this.

2016 TDI LUX
post #3 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
They seem to be increasing in value, i'd fight hard to get at least 18 and not a penny less or else you're not getting in another V10 much less a 2007
Snoop likes this.

post #4 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Yea, that's what I'm seeing too. And the 2007 Touareg V10 I've seen lately in the $18k-$22k seem to have at least 1 cosmetic blemish. I know, I'm looking at 10 yr old vehicles, but the one I just smashed had a flawless interior and nearly the same exterior. A value of $18k is going to leave me short, based on what I'm seeing on CraigsList nationwide, eBay, Cars.com and Autotrader...
post #5 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Garage
I bought my 2007 v10 in November with 116k and not a great service history for $13,800 if that helps. I can provide the paperwork for that price.

but you cant find one for sale at that price any more. So I would use what is for sale in the US. Try to find a similar one for what you think its worth and show them that then argue where yours is better more rare.
post #6 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Let's be honest here and give us the info. Your case isn't going to collapse letting us know what company, what their initial offer is, what their comps they showed you. Help us help you. Here is the question. Are you willing to fight ?

I went through this process when I was rear ended by an uninsured driver (her policy had expired) and it was deemed totaled. I had to utilize my own insurance company to take care of my personal liability case (10/30 and I reached my policy limits there ;( ) and the collision claim. Wawanesa I still love you.

They initially valued my wagon at $1500 as they compared it to a gasser in green. Not a desirable vehicle compared to my heavily modified white wagon.

So I went and found a private appraiser to do research on the prices($800). My appraiser was out of state but dealt with many sales of my TDI wagon. He had multiple sale tickets of wagons he sold close to the value of what my wagon was worth. I had threads online about being part of clubs, I had receipts for parts, for build cost, my own comps. It wasn't good enough coming from the policy holder. He used that and the research of why my vehicle was so sought after to give them a value of $18,500.

Obviously the adjuster didn't like that number, but there was so much paperwork sent their way they moved their price up. I think it was something like $6500, still not what I believed to be right. So I found another appraiser to be the third party umpire to determine the information from both sides($500). The insurance company accepted the choice. Choosing the umpire meant what ever number they came up with was the final decision . Choose this umpire wisely. Someone who works with restored vehicles, or modified or special vehicles. This is it.

In 6 months of total time since the accident they came to the decision. $12,500. Bingo. My final number I wanted to be at was actually $14,000 so that was a very respectable number. Not only that, because of the accident was with my pregnant wife and 2 month old (adopted), I went to a personal liability lawyer and pulled $15,000 from there too. Had to go to the chiro and get Epideral shots for the back and neck pain. I salvaged the wagon, spent $800 to repair the body and frame and I commute with it to this day. After all that Wawanesa kept my car on as a salvage and didn't raise any rates on me. oh yeah, My Honda got salvaged and their fair market value was on point 7 years ago without any deliberation. Love them guys.

All that to give you an idea of what it takes to get the value. It's work, and it's time. It's about the fight. Insurance companies don't make money by having their adjusters value at fair market value. It's your job to prove to them that their offer is low. That your vehicle is special (like everyone else's right?) and difficult to find. Use professionals to help you, as you are just a policy holder. The company matters in how the claim process works out. If you don't have it in you to fight, or feel like saying "I don't have time to be bothered....". well time to bend over. Spending $1300 and 6 months to get $10,000 more back from the insurance company seems worth it to me.

Good luck.
post #7 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Garage
I just looked on cars.com there is a similar 2006 with 109k for $19,888 or something like that. I would show them that one and argue yours was newer and the price should be adjusted for that.
post #8 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Garage
I have a 2007 I was thinking of selling. It has 98,000 miles and I won't sell for less than $17,000. there is one in Phoenix with 78,000 miles for $18,000, which looks like a great buy.

Pull up all your replacement vehicles and present them to the insurance company, tell them which one you want and make them to buy it for you.

I don't see how to PM/contact people on here, so my email is attyharrison at outlook.
post #9 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2010 V6
You need to remember that insurance companies don't pay out higher for non factory modifications. For example your powder coated wheels, and black door cards, tinted windows, etc. doesn't mean anything to an adjuster. Unless you have a custom modification policy addition like I have. They will pay for wheels and tires, stereo systems, body kits etc. That stuff only matters to the right seller (which the insurance company is not)
That being said insurance companies are not in the business to pay out more than they have to. They will make you prove why your car is worth more, and that proof is not going to come in the form of forum postings but through and independent third party appraiser like Kooya stated. yes it cost more, but it could be worth it to you in the end.

Good luck
post #10 of 23 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Lots of updates here today! Thanks!

I'm fighting with All-State; 1st round they came to me with $16.4k, then they came back with $17.3k after I provided them several comparable and they increased the condition adjustments. They claim the do take value-add modifications into consideration (like the tinting and upgraded stereo). The wheels I've switched post-accident for the winter wheels I have for it; Cayenne wheels w/ snow tires (still alloy w/ good tires, so All-State didn't care).

I see the white one in AZ - it shows its age much more than mine did. The black 07 T-reg in WI looks good, lacks the 4 zone climate, and is listed at $21.5k, one 07 in Wilmington, NC is very nice, asking $23k (I think, can't find it at the moment), and one recently sold in Denver similar to mine (little higher miles) for $19k. Oh, and an 04 T'reg in Golden, CO asking $21.5k. Given all that, I understand there are deals out there, and asking price on CL doesn't mean squat to All-State, but $17.3k is NOT fair value. So, I'm gonna fight them a bit...

At this point, I've hired an appraiser to see what number he comes up with and, assuming its more than $17.3, we'll submit that.go from there...

Tags
2007 , price , v10 value

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode