2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimbuffalo2
  • 1 Post By Candubrain

post #1 of 7 Old 02-16-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
SiriusXM - Contract renewals

Is there anyone else besides me who DESPISES the renewal process that SiriusXM uses? I have been diligent in contacting them a few days before the 6 month contracts expire, in order to get them to keep applying the promotional pricing to the satellite radio contract. I have been paying about $25-$30 every six months, and I have never felt it was worth more than that.

This time around I didn't remember the term was due, and they renewed automatically (charged my credit card) the day before. I had to call them and cancel service. The aggravation of being on the phone with someone in a NON USA call center, and the run around-around-around-around as they try to keep me in higher priced plans "How does that sound to you?" "Does that seem to work for you?". UGH.. No more... MP3 and over the air from now on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-16-2017

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
I do the same dance every time as well. 25 bucks for 5 months or so seems to be the sweet spot rate and - on principal ( I suppose) - I don't feel it is worth a penny more to renew than what they offer as their very best rate. Definitely a PIA, so I try to turn it into some type of sporting event. I have successfully had them agree to waive any sort of auto-renewal (and have outright cancelled after they try autorenewing to their 189.00 per year rate). I have three cars with it...nice to have but not worth more than the five spot per month to me either.

Too many options out there...bluetooth Pandora works fine for me. Pretty arcane business practice if you ask me, since I always get it to where I tell them it needs to be, ratewise, but it usually costs me about 30 minutes each six months. Keeps the India-based call center trade hopping. Not sure you can ever get rid of them...they'll send you paper reminders, etc....which tells me that (even at 5.00 per month) they have money to burn.

First world issue for sure, but nice to know others feel the same.
fincher likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-16-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Me too.

---
That is the difference between you and me, I never go back to the carpet store.
-Rick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My VW youtube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-17-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Yeah..They will begin showering me with offers soon enough. I have canceled in the past, just after the free service period ended. They peppered me with offers for 5 months, then sent me a $19.99 for 5 month offer. After that, a buddy told me to simply call them and threaten to cancel just before each term ended and stick to the same low rate each time. He was right, they offer slightly lower rates each time you refuse until they arrive at the $25 rate.

I just couldn't care anymore. There's piles of other forms of entertainment out there for long trips.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-17-2017

Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolmanJohn View Post
I have been paying about $25-$30 every six months, and I have never felt it was worth more than that.
Does that include SiriusXM Traffic? That's the traffic status that integrates into the RNS-850's navigation (traffic shows up as green, orange, or red lines; and you get notifications of accidents, wrong-way drivers, etc). The intro traffic service expires on my Touareg later this year. It's been useful enough that I'm willing to pay for it. The price on their website is $4/mo, which would be $24 every 6 months. If there's a way to get traffic + some satellite radio channels for $25-$30 every 6 months, I'd love to know.

I set up recurring reminders on my phone's event scheduler to remind me to renew things like this. Unfortunately Google Tasks doesn't support repeating events, but there are lots of Android apps which tie in with Google Tasks which do. I just set up a repeating reminder in the app, and it automatically inserts the reminder into Google Tasks. That way I end up getting reminded on my phone, my tablet, and my laptop. So it's pretty hard for me to forget to do it.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-17-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: too many to list
Have not been able to get traffic discounts. Probably they hope you buy it.

---
That is the difference between you and me, I never go back to the carpet store.
-Rick

My VW youtube Channel:
post #7 of 7 Old 02-21-2017

Touareg: 2016 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
On my other vehicle, I called to notify I didn't want to renew 1 month prior the expiry date. Then I followed up with an email stating the same.

Of course Sirius XM called me to entice me with better offers, I declined and told them I didn't want to renew.

One month later, I get billed for the year.

I called my credit card company, AMEX.....they said "oh no, we've been down this road before with Sirius, we haven't had much luck in the past getting this reversed."

AMEX arrange for a 3 way conference call, and Sirius ended up refunding and cancelling. Then offered me their service for 6 months free. I declined. They couldn't believe it. I told them I wanted no further dealings with them and to take me off their calling and email list. I never heard from them again.

Now that my free subscription has expired with the VW, I get snail mail solicitations every other week with great offers. They go directly to the recycle bin.

Thanks but no Thanks. Speaking with coworkers most of them have had similar experience and do not renew. You'd think Sirius would get the message.
fincher likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode