Club Touareg Forum banner

RNS510 Sd card reader problem??

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  geraout 
#1 ·
I got my wife a new camera, and decided to try the new 32GB SD card in my RNS510 before ordering a couple more. The card went in and worked fine, but when I tried to extract it, it didn't come out. Trying to extract it, I must have used a little to much force and pushed the card and it's reader into the RNS510:(. Sadly, I only put 3 songs on the chip, If I had loaded it up, I might not even worry about it.

Has anyone had one of these units apart? If so can the card reader be accessed to retrieve the SD card, and maybe repair the card reader? I'll have to find a source for the removal tools for the RNS510 to.

#3 ·
Yeti I did the firmware upgrade. Before the upgrade, it would not even read an 8GB card. Afterward the entire 8GB was readable. I only put 3 songs on this card to make sure it worked. With the upgrade, it is supposed to read all 32GB.

#5 ·
You don't have an RNS 510, but rather the RNS 850, so no you don't have a limit to size on SD cards. It was an issue on the 510's and fixed with the latest firmware update.

#6 ·
To get back on subject. The problem is the card reader broke loose from the housing and is now floating inside the unit. I'm asking if anyone has disassembled the RNS 510 to see what I'm up against before working on the unit.

#7 ·
You may want to PM the guy who is in the firmware thread that was selling that and the maps. He is an OEM retailer for these units hence how he got the firmware in the first place. I can't remember his user name here, but is a nice guy to deal with.

#8 ·
To update the saga, since I have the extended warranty, I took it to the dealer yesterday and it is covered, so I have opted to have it replaced. They are getting a "new" probably rebuilt unit in and will return this one for the core value. I inquired to see if I could give them the core value and keep the radio and they said yes. So,, since everything else is working and Peter told me how to go about fixing it, :), If anyone is interested in buying this unit from me after I repair it, PM me. I need to decide if I'm going to pay the core charge by Monday when the new unit is hopefully in. If there is interest, I will provide it to the highest offer. It is a RNS 510 out of MY10 Touareg, upgraded with the latest software and M4 maps.

Bruce

#9 ·
Is there any reason you're multiple posting on this topic and mention the core charge but deliberately don't list the amount of this core charge??? Like a used car salesman we'll talk numbers later...post the darn core charge, it shouldn't be a secret unless your trying to see how much you can boost the price up to by soliciting private PM's!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.