Navteq - 8B Navigation DVD Update - When???? - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > Mobile Electronics and In Car Entertainment

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 05-26-2011   #1

Navteq - 8B Navigation DVD Update - When????

Does anyone have information on when Navteq will update the North America Maps to Version 8B? I have been emailing Navteq and I keep getting the same answer;

"Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. At this time the release date of the next update for your Volkswagen Touareg has not been officially announced. The last update was released August 2009 and generally updates are released every 12-18 months."

So Aug, 2009 is a little past 18 months?

12 Dodge Durango Black - Citadel/De-Badged/Pedals/SRT Shift Knob
10 BMW 335i Sedan Titan Silver - X Drive/Nav/Sport/Adpt Lights/COBB Tuned
Retired: 05 Touareg Offroad Gray 4.2L - Air/Xenon/Nav/Paddles/Keyless Start/Rear Ent
Old 06-06-2011   #2

Send a message via AIM to syost00
I have the 2011 (most recent version) of the US maps DVD that I am willing to sell. This is the original DVD with original case and manual. I am willing to part with it for $90. Let me know if you're interested

Old 06-06-2011   #3
My God,it's full of stars

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: 2008 V6
PM sent. What version is this?

siberian

siberian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011   #4
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Reg-Gray View Post
Does anyone have information on when Navteq will update the North America Maps to Version 8B? I have been emailing Navteq

In our Phaeton, we are using 2011 map data. In fact, we just updated from our 2010 map data.

How? We got sick and tired of waiting for Navteq to release new maps. So someone figured out that Phaeton uses the same Siemens unit used on BMW 7-series from way before Bimmer went HDD...

So, we've been using Bimmer "High" Version maps by Tele Atlas since 2008... if we were waiting for Navteq to release their "every 18 months" version, we'd still be stuck in 2006!

On the Touareg, we run the latest maps available from Navteq, which we bought in September last year. Someone needs to figure out what other car systems use Blaupunkt, and go with that. Maybe there's a Bimmer that does? BMW used to use Navteq (I have Navteq for Bimmer disks for 2008 and 2009) but Bimmer dumped Navteq for Tele Atlas. BMW has been pretty good about coming out with annual updates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.