Club Touareg Forum banner

Cell phone mount?

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  johnnyboynz 
#1 ·
Is anyone using the panavise phone or something similar? I opted out of the OEM Navigation, so I still use my iPhone for directions.

#8 ·
I ordered direct from pro clip, there was a 10% coupon code. But I guess when you order with a discount code less attention is paid by the packing-shipping folks. Both parts I received were wrong from what I ordered.

When I called to inquire about getting the right parts shipped I was advised I would have to return them on MY DIME since I used a discount code. It took talking to 2 supervisors to get someone to send me a prepaid shipping label.

When they got the parts back they still took the shipping charges from my refund. I called the CC company (do a chargeback) and they fixed it for me. Needless to say I am not going to try to get the right parts from them. Not worth it to me!

#11 ·
I've got a Note 2, and the Samsung windshield mount. I use the phone and Waze because frankly, the RNS' nav system is horrid.

That being said, I'm mounting the phone to the left of the steering wheel, but it increases the blind spot. So i'm looking for inspiration on some new location, and new mounts.

Ideally something that isn't too obtrusive to sight lines, and keeps cables to a minimum. I was thinking one of the bean bag style dash mounts.

Can folks provide some pics of how they have mounted they're mobiles?

Cheers!

#12 ·
I have done this with my garmin. Easily removable and hideable. I also ran an ignition positive feed there behind the dash so its free of cables.

#13 ·
I went this direction:

In-Car Bluetooth Audio Receiver & Smartphone Cradle | XSP-N1BT | Sony UK

Perfectly suits my xperia z1 and my Treg came with a useless (to me) JDM stereo/dvd headunit that i had to replace regardless.

The Sony might not the prettiest headunit, but once you add the functionality of the phone, i recon it's pretty awesome with 4G connectivity, wireless, bluetooth, email, video, maps etc etc in fact any app you can run!

It works with all smartphones, but will only charge Sony xperia phones as standard, although with a small USB cable supplied, you can plug in any smartphone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.