Club Touareg Forum banner

Who to do a Valve chest rebuild in UK

3K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  noobytoogy 
#1 ·
Having suffered the violent 4-5th gear changes for a couple of years I have finally had enough and want to get the valve chest rebuild done. Can anyone recommend anyone in the UK, good or bad, your experiences are welcome.

I have happy enough to remove and replace myself.

Thanks
Adrian

#2 ·
#4 ·
Really? I think you will find there is a core charge for RevMax for example.

#6 ·
Which is why you don't try to do it yourself with a reaming kit!

#8 ·
#9 ·
I spoke with Beds, and all seemed good, so was planning on using them.

Got the car in the garage last night, raised a few inches and stands in. Tray off, is there a way to remove the cross plate that holds the plastic tray middle support? It gets in the way a bit but undoing the nuts at each end gives a little bit extra fiddling room, but it would be nice to get it completely off. I just can't seem to get it out either way.

Sump plug out and first drain, cracked all the bolts, but one and tilted for extra drain. Forgot another glug comes down when you remove the filter.

Allowed to drain and mopped up the filter spill. Took pictures and made notes for all the electrical connectors.

Now struggling to get the connectors off and not wanting to break anything I called it quits for the night. Will resume tonight.

#10 ·
I think there is a special little tool for the disconnections.

#13 ·
Great 2 day turnaround by Beds Auto Transmissions. Pity about the crap service from collect+ couriers.

Chest is back up in place, just need to torque up bolts, hook up electrics, put the pan on and refill.

also going to do diffs and transfer box oils. Bought all the fluids from ravenol direct here in the uk.

#15 ·
Good.

Thanks for the update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.