New Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season plus - Page 9 - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #81 of 86 Old 02-16-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Objective testing shows all seasons dramatically underperform dedicated winter tires. Not just on snow and ice, stopping distance on cold dry pavement is also significantly longer for the all seasons.

Running the winter tires extends the tread life of your primary tires, so the extra expense is actually fairly low over the life of a vehicle if you get inexpensive wheels and do it early in your ownership.
VWBob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
All true. But sometimes folks don't have the room to store snows. Unless you live in Canada and have tire storage.

So an all-season is sometimes the best solution available. Still better than running summer slicks in the winter! I've seen it done, usually when I'm helping push or pull people out of a snowbank.

2008 V8
No VCDS? Get it here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #83 of 86 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJ Guy View Post
All true. But sometimes folks don't have the room to store snows. Unless you live in Canada and have tire storage.

So an all-season is sometimes the best solution available. Still better than running summer slicks in the winter! I've seen it done, usually when I'm helping push or pull people out of a snowbank.
People are free to make choices and compromises that fit their situation. I was simply pointing out that even the best all seasons are giving up traction to winter tires on snow, ice, or even cold dry pavement. The difference in measured stopping distances is significant and expands as the temperature drops further below 40f or so.

post #84 of 86 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigitali View Post
Was going to go with Verdi plus but tire rack guy talked me into some Michelin premier LTX. He claimed better light snow traction for random late and early season snow storms here in the Sierra Nevadas. I'll post how they go after I put some miles on them.
Any update on your experience with the Michelins? I have a bulge in the sidewall of my tires and need to upgrade asap. Looking at the Verde Plus and the Premier LTX.
post #85 of 86 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac911 View Post
Any update on your experience with the Michelins? I have a bulge in the sidewall of my tires and need to upgrade asap. Looking at the Verde Plus and the Premier LTX.

The Michelins have exceeded my expectations in all driving conditions. Pretty much perfect SUV all season rubber in my opinion. As a bonus, I decided to not put on dedicated snow tires because the Premiers have been super grippy in all the Sierra Nevada snow storms so far this season.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Verde Plus or Premiers. Both have great feedback and ratings on Tire rack. I do know the michelins are far superior to the Continental DWS I had on two seasons ago.

Cheers to quality rubber keeping us all safe !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #86 of 86 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigitali View Post
The Michelins have exceeded my expectations in all driving conditions. Pretty much perfect SUV all season rubber in my opinion. As a bonus, I decided to not put on dedicated snow tires because the Premiers have been super grippy in all the Sierra Nevada snow storms so far this season.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Verde Plus or Premiers. Both have great feedback and ratings on Tire rack. I do know the michelins are far superior to the Continental DWS I had on two seasons ago.

Cheers to quality rubber keeping us all safe !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate the feedback. I have family in Reno and the added snow performance is tempting. Appreciate the time to respond.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode