Terminal 15 relay - Page 3 - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > General Maintenance & Repair

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 05-29-2009   #21

Kessy location

The location of the Kessy in the Touareg I was working on was under the drivers side dash right next to the heater above the gas pedal with the power module just to the left. The kessy has mostly small wires going into just one harness connector and one of them is loose and routed horizontally among just about everything and is also about 2 feet long at best which tells me it has to be the antenna.

The power module to the left has several harness connectors with many of them much larger - 14 gauge or better depending the component it's providing power to and these connectors go in opposing sides of the module.

Believe me, it would be a lot easier working in that space if you had hands the size of a five year old. It is TIGHT! In my case I eventually had to remove the drivers seat to locate & test the relay which helped a lot in getting under the dash , but that also took more time.

By the way , the site I had referred to didn't work a couple of times for me either but once it did I downloaded the manual right away. Haven't tried it since but thats because I got what I needed and printed it.

I think that during that ordeal I also came across another site that had pictures showing exact module locations for the Touareg. I know I saved it on my disk and will get back to you on that.

Keep in touch - Dewey

Old 05-29-2009   #22

Thanx Dewey...

Thanx to Spockat's site, I found the how to on the keyless start which was very good for finding the Kessy...

However, after another go at the vag com, I discovered that the problem is the number 1 central antenna (center console close to the back) and the drivers door antenna...

I figure it's either something in the module or somehow, those two leads were cut somehow cause they went at the same time...

I'm almost bald now with the hair pulling...

Old 05-29-2009   #23

electrical system pdf

You're right - the link I pasted doesn't work. I did a Google search for "touareg electrical system" and it brought me right to site and it does work. What I did notice is that my link did not include .com after billswebspace which would explain why it wouldn't work. Sorry for the confusion.

Dewey
Old 05-29-2009   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonkey View Post
Thanx Dewey...

Thanx to Spockat's site, I found the how to on the keyless start which was very good for finding the Kessy...

However, after another go at the vag com, I discovered that the problem is the number 1 central antenna (center console close to the back) and the drivers door antenna...

I figure it's either something in the module or somehow, those two leads were cut somehow cause they went at the same time...

I'm almost bald now with the hair pulling...
Ahh yes - I remember that feeling sooo well even though it was last summer. Go for a spin on a motorcycle or something to clear the brain or sometimes it helps to just leave it alone and go back the next day.

Whatever works - Dewey
Old 02-05-2013   #25

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Hey all, I am currently experiencing all the same issues with battery dying overnight. I have an 05 V8- Replaced the battery and now alternator, runs at about 13.7 V output. But there is a drain in the battery someplace. Any ideas? I noticed when I changed the alt/gen there was a Bolt coming out of the alt, on the bottom side. is there supposed to be a connection? I have the non faulty cable so thats not an issue, the vw dealer here is lets say, a non help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.