UPDATE on Parking Brake Assembly UPDATE
: I replaced my Parking brake Assembly and parking brake release handle.
Abreviations : PBA
= Parking Brake Assembly
= Damper Strut
The only part of the PBA that looked to be revised was the Damper strut.
- There were no noticeable differences between the Old and New PBA.
- We can put to rest the rumor that the replacement. PBA were redesigned.
- Please if there is any proof of a recall or TSB that relates to the PBA please provide records for our members if they exist or any repair kits that may be available.
- The shaft of the DS appears to longer than the previous one but not by much
- The marking on the DS are the same as on the previous one
* Personal feelings
: I should not have had to replace and entire assembly at a cost of over $150+ because a replacealbe part like the DS
It took me a total of 4 days to consciously stop using my foot to help the PBA
to properly release. It is so nice to simply pull the handle and let the pedal deploy to the released position.
Useless Fact: It took me just over 30 mins. to replace the PBA
after removing it and reinstalling it twice before.
For anyone attempting to replace yours I am available to offer how to instructions by PM.
Gone but not forgotten ('04 V6 Silver Blue/Anthracite lux pkg) Inside: Burl/leather steeringwheel, paddle shifters installed, working phone button(bluetooth kit), ipod adapter, covered eurobin and V8 pedals Outside: Painted lowers, V8 tips, valance and lower grille bezel, V10 grille, (Audi Q7 Replica) 10 Double spoke design alloy wheels in 20x9 inch