passenger side mirror - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > General Maintenance & Repair

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 01-05-2011   #1

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
passenger side mirror

I recently hit the passenger side mirror on my 2004 Touareg, breaking the casing but not the glass. I~m not sure if the motor inside is damaged. The shop I took it to claimed that you could only buy the entire mirror, and wanted to charge me $1200-$1500, which seems totally rediculous. Does anyone have experiance replacing side mirror parts (or even the whole thing) Please tell me I have other options!

Old 01-05-2011   #2
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: too many to list
There is a dude in the classifieds parting his 04 out. Maybe he still has the exterior passenger mirror?

Old 01-06-2011   #3

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Send a message via AIM to mckchr67
Depending on how bad it is cracked/broke you could just put on or color match some ecstuning.com cheap mirror covers for a cheap band-aid. That is what I did until I found one at a junk yard that snuck it's way into my tool box...
Old 01-25-2011   #4

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
side mirror

Just a heads up for anyone who breaks their side mirro- the first mechanic I took it to said that I needed to replace the entire unit, and wanted to charge me $1200-$1500, even though the motor and glass weren't broken. He said it was impossible to order the parts individually. Luckily, I was able to find another (more honest) mechanic who was able to do just that. He bought just the casing an turn signal indicator, painted and installed it. Final price-$568. A lesson to everyone- be careful who you trust out there.
Old 01-25-2011   #5

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
I clipped big Ford F250 driver side mirror extending by a foot from that trucks' side. Having badly cracked casing I have ordered a replacement unpainted casing from VW dealer in Ottawa (Bytek) for just below $200 CDN. Figure additional $50 to paint it to match body colour. Own installation, of course. Quite expensive, overall.

Still undecided as to this solution as there are mirrored plastic and / or stainless steel caps available on eBay for less then $100 a pair. Will they look presentable?

Does anyone have the pic showing Treg wearing mirror caps on outside mirrors?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.