driver side turn signal out - Club Touareg Forums
Club Touareg Forums  

Go Back   Club Touareg Forums > Club Touareg Technical Forums > General Maintenance & Repair

Join Forest River Forums Today

Old 05-22-2011   #1

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
driver side turn signal out

During a recent trip the check light indicator came on. The driver side turn signal flashes quickly inside, no lights in front or rear. Diver side mirror light works fine. The passenger side signals all work fine.
I checked all the bulbs, they all worked, but the driver side turn signals and emergency flashers do not work.
I replaced all 6 amber bulbs, no change.
I checked the fuses, eveything looks fine.
Am I missing something? Is there a "reset" that neeeds to be preformed?
Please help!
vtjh

Old 06-23-2011   #2

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I think I have the same problem, Yes, the driver side turn signal flashes quickly inside, no lights in front or rear. Diver side mirror light works fine. The passenger side signals all work fine.

Am proud to be a member of the Treg Family. I reside in Eket. Nigeria with my V6, 2004 @ 83k on the clock. I need to know other users in Nigeria and find out where to get genuine spares when my Treg starts needing one (which I hope will be a long while.) Looking forward to all the lovely reviews on this wonderful machine.
daessien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011   #3

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
driver side turn signal out

Daessien,

After further probing I found the fuse was bad, replaced it and all is well.
The first time I checked the fuse it looked good, so I replaced the bulbs. When that gave no satisfaction I went back to the fuses for another look. While the fuse looked good from the front when I looked carefully at the side of the fuse was blown.
I suggest you try replacing the fuse.
vtjh
Old 06-27-2011   #4

Got it

Yeah, It was one of the 10A fuses on the right hand fuse panel of the car, replaced it and everything works okay.
Am proud to be a member of the Treg Family. I reside in Eket. Nigeria with my V6, 2004 @ 83k on the clock. I need to know other users in Nigeria and find out where to get genuine spares when my Treg starts needing one (which I hope will be a long while.) Looking forward to all the lovely reviews on this wonderful machine.
daessien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011   #5

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the 10 amp fuse for the turn signal on the passenger side several times. When I turn on the indicator the turn signal lights work for a while until the fuse ends up blowing again.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-03-2011   #6
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnanyc View Post
I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the 10 amp fuse for the turn signal on the passenger side several times. When I turn on the indicator the turn signal lights work for a while until the fuse ends up blowing again.

Any suggestions?
Yeah, get it scanned to see what is going on. Aside from that all we would be doing is guessing.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011   #7

My front turn signal light is out I would like to know how to replace bulb opened hood looked on drivers side ,but I dont want to open anything till I know what needs to be done please help

Ed
Old 09-16-2011   #8
Touareg Guru

You need to take the headlight unit out completely to access the bulb.

There are lots of threads on here on how to do this.

But whatever you do, read them carefully first otherwise you are looking at several hundred dollars to replace the carriage the headlight unit sits in if you get it wrong.

Here's a thread with pix from another site. The tool you need to unlock the light unit should be in your toolkit.

Removing headlight unit + changing bulbs - myTreg forums

Now I have got it down to a fine art and can extract the unit in about 10-15 seconds! But there is a knack to it.
Old 11-03-2011   #9

Anybody figure this out yet?

Here is what I posted on Vortex, with no reply.
Before I start taking everything apart I thought I would check to see if anyone came up with any solutions. Same thing as posted above: blown fuse replaced and blown again, bulbs all work with new fuse for a while, MFI Check Light Indicator and rapid clicking from the relay.

Regards,
Brent
Old 11-03-2011   #10

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by W126c View Post
Anybody figure this out yet?

Here is what I posted on Vortex, with no reply.
Before I start taking everything apart I thought I would check to see if anyone came up with any solutions. Same thing as posted above: blown fuse replaced and blown again, bulbs all work with new fuse for a while, MFI Check Light Indicator and rapid clicking from the relay.

Regards,
Brent
In my case it ended up being a faulty onboard power supply control unit (J519). Part of the function for this module includes the turn signals. In the passenger side fuse box my right signal fuse would blow every time I engaged the right turn indicator. However, the exterior mirror signal would still function normally. I was also getting blown fuses while engaging the horn (which is another function handled by this module). I ended up finding one in a local junk yard and pulled it from a V6. It was a newer part number to mine (7L6937049M) but I used the same coding from my module and it worked. Turn indicator and horn issues fixed. A big thanks to Shawn at Pacific German for trouble shooting this.

For detailed info on the module check out page 30 in the following link:
http://www.billswebspace.com/Touareg...icalsystem.pdf

Tags
check lights, replace bulbs, turn signals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.