Club Touareg Forum banner

check engine light on...

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  noobytoogy 
#1 ·
I have a 05 touareg V6 with 40000miles. I just changed the oil. This noon I fired up the engine, the yellow check engine light on...Can anybody tell me whats the problem of the engine...thanks...:(:(Or, what reason can cause the light on?..

#2 ·
If it is on solid it is not a major worry. If it is flashing and running rough you have a more serious issue. Do not drive it at all if the light is flashing and it is running rough.

Purely guessing, dirty O2 sensor possibly, but really no idea unless you get is scanned and see what code it is throwing. Anyone here would just be doing what I just did, guessing. Put a call out to see if someone has a VAG Com in your area and would scan it for you to see what is up. If it is solid you will be fine to to drive it since that tends to be more of an emissions issue then anything.

Update your location in the US so someone close may be able to help you with a scan.

#5 ·
My solid yellow was a faulty coolant sensor.

So as advised, use VAGcom and read the codes is the way forward.

You can get your own from Rosstech [and definitely not a cheapie off fleabay!].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.