Club Touareg Forum banner

Check Engine Light

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Kirk 
#1 · (Edited)
2004 V6 Air Suspension, Center and Rear Differential Lock Original Owner Purchased new in 2004

My services advisor has just informed me that the Cat sensor is on. He said he can reset it and see if it comes back , reflash the computer for 2 billable hours of labor and in either event we may need a new catalytic converter.

Are there any other procedures that they should be following to diagnose the problem? Can the sensor be faulty?

#2 ·
Kirk, do you know what code(s) you are throwing on this? I would go for resetting the fault and nothing more and see what happens. There may be nothing wrong with any of the systems

#3 ·
he suggested that reflashing will reprogram and update the performance of the engine and/or computer. I'm not sure that he knows anything about what reflashing will do. I told them to go ahead with the reflash as my impression was that it couldn,t hurt and might help. Sounds like that might have been a mistake and cost me extra money.

#5 ·
Picked it up yesterday. No problems so far. (they completed the 80,000 mile service) Seems to be running great. I'll keep the post going if check engine comes back on. I wonder if the light was related to engine performance? Did cleaning the injectors and reflash fix the problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.